please please read. replies wanted!!!!

my doc says i can go at anytime....any ideas how to bring on labor and stronger contractions?! or something to get my water to break??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:07 PM on Nov. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It is safe and even nice to keep your water sac intact-- please do not add big risks by *trying* to break you water.

IF you can "go at anytime" then why force anything?

Are you having any complications?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:08 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• My mom swears by this "scooting" technique that her OB taught her when she was 42 weeks with my lil brother (who was NOT little. 9 lbs 8 oz). Her water broke. He was born within 5 hours, no meds, no pitocin, no epi.

Sit on CARPET cross legged/ indian style. Fold your arms over your chest. Scoot your butt across the floor for about 10 mins. You will have to use your core muscles. Go from one side of your living room to the other. Your water should break within the hour if not within 10 mins. Try again after an hour.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:11 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• SEX SEX SEX
    sperm has one of the same things they use in the meds they use to induce women.
    me-n-mygirls

Answer by me-n-mygirls at 10:14 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• nipple stimulation. and would your doctor strip your membranes?
    phantomphan

Answer by phantomphan at 10:15 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• I agree with you want your bag of water intact. Babies come when they are ready. It's not nice to fool with Mother Nature.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:23 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• Please don't rush things!
    When your baby & your body are ready, it will happen. Even if it's 2 weeks after your due date (like my second), it is worth the wait.
    raybird1031

Answer by raybird1031 at 10:36 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• Just remember, the baby is easier to take care of in the womb than when its born. :)
    Spicy food (general tso chicken and queso dip) and mall-walking did it for me!
    serioussifL

Answer by serioussifL at 10:40 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• I wouldn't want your water to break, because then you will be on the clock. Most hospitals won't "allow" a woman whose water has broken to go more than 12 hours without giving birth, so you will end up being given something to augment labor, then you'll be offered the epidural and you might give in because the contractions are way more intense after your water has broken and you're on pitocin, the epidural sometimes slows things down, you'll have a continuous monitor on your belly, and possibly screwed into your baby's scalp because all those drugs are hard on a baby and mess with the poor thing's heart rate. Then you'll be prepped for an "emergency" c-section.
    It's a scary thing. Don't mess with nature. If I were you, I'd be praying that your water won't break till you are in hard labor.
    Anonymous

• actually, PP, its 24 hours and there's a reason for it- there's a risk of infection that significantly increases at that point. my water broke and I went for 23 hours after that. I had no pressure to do anything I didn't want to and the epi actually saved me a c-section and sped things up. DD was born completely alert, lifted her head, nursed like a pro and stayed up for two hours. so don't talk like you have the gospel in your hands. the girl is just excited to go into labor. you don't know her business outside of that. OP- do what you want at your birth. anything you try will only work if you were going to go into labor anyway. acupressure brought on mild contractions for me but in the end, didn't work and wasn't worth it. Its so hard to wait, but if you do something nice for yourself while you wait, you whill cherish that memory through crazy nights!
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 10:52 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• you could always go for a nice long walk i heard that will help all the other things unlikely unless yuor baby an body is ready good luck trust me tried all those with both my kids an didnt work made me miserable an worn down now im 26 weeks pregnant with my 3rd an just gonna see when he comes but walking should help!
    ohmama213

Answer by ohmama213 at 10:53 PM on Nov. 21, 2009