do you think its risky?

so i just quit taking my depo shot a few months ago and i think i'm getting my period back...i've got some brownish blood spotting. I'm just wondering "IF" i were to get pregnant would it be risky? Could it be a higher risk having a miscarriage since i've just come off the depo a few months ago? I've had a miscarriage and i don't want to go through that again.

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 10:07 PM on Nov. 21, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• If you are beyond the point when you would have gotten the next shot already, I think you'd be fine.
    Anonymous

• You may be at more risk. Here is what the Contraceptive Information Resource says

"Miscarriage and infant mortality are increased for children whose mothers were taking Depo-Provera when they became pregnant."

It doesn't say when your risk of miscarriage returns to normal.

http://www.contracept.org/shot.php
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:17 PM on Nov. 21, 2009