Welllllllll a stereotype became truth for me today!

So our local Indian Reservation has a very bad reputation. The people are said to be wild, out of control and alcoholics. I had a friend growing up who lived on the rez. I went there once and rode horses with her. A truck full of men pulled up and asked her "who is the white girl?" and pulled guns out. I was no more than 15. It scared the shit out of me. Her father had to come out and make them leave! My friend wasn't like that so I figured they were just crazy people. My Mother never let me go back haha. Not that I wanted to after that! Anyway I went to my Moms boyfriends granddaughters bday party tonight. His kids are half indian half white. Holy cow this was THE worst bday party ive ever been too. They were so disorganized and rowdy and drunk! There were about 100 people there and they were ALL screaming and breaking beer pitchers and beating up the game systems.. It was sort of like a chucky cheeses

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:39 PM on Nov. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• A few people were kicked out before the party even got started… and the rest got warnings. Im not saying every single person on this Rez is a crazy person but lord knows most of them are cause I saw it tonight. I was there for 30 mins and left. My Mother was even appalled! Is there any group of people who have gotten a label that you found to be true?
    Anonymous

• I have been to a few parties like that of people I knew when we lived in Texas. White people.
    Anonymous

• Eh, I've been in a bar with my DAD and we got kicked out. We were just in the wrong place at the wrong time. Some people are just rowdy drunks, no matter what ethnicity they are. By the way, we are Crow and from what his grandma told him, her family were thieves and drunks! LOL!
    Anonymous

• That can happen with ANY people. RACE is not an issue.

Look at Jerry Springer's guests, a lot are not Native American (Indian) LOL!
    Anonymous

• I thought you were going to say only Black women are loud.
    Anonymous

• HAHA! That stereotype is so dumb....the one where only black women are loud...I am the palest of the pale and I am SO loud when I laugh or get drunk. Its like I think people in Egypt should hear my stupid @ss...
    Anonymous

• I think that a few ( not all by any means ) still hold a gurdge against the "white" man. IDK

Afterall, they took their land, their reservations sure got smaller and smaller and there was little or no compensation for that. As a white american I am saddend by what my fore-fathers did in this country.

Same can go for the slavery days which I will say, NO race is any better then the other, and we all bleed red, we all mourn the same and we can't live in the past. We must live in the NOW and look to the future.

I don't understand how people can get compensated for something their 5th great great--grandparents should have gotten 150 yrs ago or what ever. Things happened in this country many years ago we can't help or change.

Now some people choose to live the way they do, regardless of race. They need to let grudges go.

Ashame the partiers were so drunk. Hope your day got better.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on Nov. 22, 2009