Warrant?

I just checked our local site for warrants. I do it every now and again just because I'm nosy. Turns out I have a warrant out for my arrest. I'm freaking terrified. I know what it's for. The cops said that I ran into a parked car and left the scene. I didn't do it but they pinned it on me because scratches "matched" on both cars. I have pics of my car when I bought it with the scratches. Well they wanted me to take a class which was $250 and I just didn't have the money. I tried to reschedule and nobody called back. I've paid my court fines up to date on the payment plan I just missed the class. My question is what do I do now? It's not the kind where they are actively looking for me but what can I do to get rid of it? Didn't know what category this fits in so I put it in just for fun.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:49 PM on Nov. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I recommend you contact the court and make a date to appear. It sounds like you have a "bench warrant" which was automatically generated when you did not complete the terms of your sentence. Make arrangements with the court to take the class.

While you wait for your court date, contact the class and reschedule it. It will go a long way toward demonstrating compliance.

Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 11:09 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• If you get pulled over, they'll arrest you. My husband had a ticket in 1988, did the class and we thought we'd paid the fine. He left for the Army (we lived with my mom for the 2 mos. in between his going from the Navy to the Army) and I stayed with my mom. In Sept. when I moved I gave my mom the last of the fine money and left to join my husband. My huband was supposed to stay in the Army for 20+ years so the odds of us ever going back to TX were slim. He was medically discharged in 1990 and in 1992 we ended up back in TX. In 1997 my husband was pulled over because the cop couldn't see the registeration sticker in the window and when he ran hubby's license he found he had a warrant. Turned out my mom had pocketed the money since she never thought we'd be back in TX. So, it WILL catch up to you and you really don't want to be arrested with your child in the car.
    Anonymous

• Get a Lawyer and turn yourself in.
    Mom2princessq

Answer by Mom2princessq at 11:55 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• They aren't out looking, but if you get pulled over for anything and they run your license you can get arrested. Call them every dang day until you get it taken care of. If you don't you'll wind up like someone I know who forgot about a ticket. She was arrested while in her pj's with her kids in the car.
    Anonymous

• i would tell you to contact the local distract attorney and talk to them and maybe they can do something and work it out if not you will have to turn your self in and get bailed out

firstimemomm603

Answer by firstimemomm603 at 11:58 PM on Nov. 21, 2009