Another question about sex after baby. TMI

it's been 3 months now since i had my son and me and hubby have been able to have sex a couple times. if sex is what you can call it, k i know this is graphic but it hurts to go in (i'd say the pain on a scale 1-10 is a 5) but if i sit there long enough if feels ok. but forget the motions. they hurt soooooo bad. i feel like the doctor sewed me up too tight. IDK what to do- we are using so much lube so that's not the problem.

I guess i just want to hear if this is normal or not. I want to know that one day (hopefully soon) that i'll be able to have REAL sex. should i just keep trying or should we give it another week and try again.

thank you for your input ladys, I'm going insane.

oh an additional detail, i'm really really sensitive in there now. like i can feel every move he makes- is this normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:50 PM on Nov. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think my doctor did a hack job of sewing me up too because I get torn a little every single time we have sex my new OB said there isn't much she can do about it since my insurance wouldn't pay for a cosmetic surgery down there so we're having another baby so my new doctor can fix me up to were I am functional again. If it's not tearing you or anything and it just feels really tight maybe you should take baby steps, kind of like when you were a virgin you know? Let yourself get stretched out a little bit so you can accomodate him.
    Anonymous

• When dd was 6 weeks, we tried to have sex. Did NOT work. Something in me was not letting him in and it HURT! Terrified DH! We'd been married for 15 years at the time, so this was new. Things worked better a week later and have been fine since. Now, I've found that sex is better after delivery! My first dd was a c-section, so I didn't have stitches or tearing or any damage. This time, I didn't need an episiotomy, but I did have some tearing that took time to heal. And like you, I seem to be more sensitive, but in a good way.

Was it a rough delivery? Did you tear very badly? It just may need to heal a bit longer or maybe the scar tissue is inhibiting things.
    MonicaE521

Answer by MonicaE521 at 11:24 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• I feel the same way, my DS is 5 months and I've even had to have a shot in my episiotomy site and it still hurts pretty bad! I hate it and my husband is going crazy. I also feel like the dr sewed me up too much, tmi but I've felt like that since my swelling went down and I could actually feel other things down there other than just pain. You're not alone!
    Anonymous

• I think its going to take time. It could also be a mental thing. Do more foreplay and use fingers to "get it going" before actual intercourse. I know, that sounds kinda TMI, but I have also felt really bad when trying after a few months. More foreplay can get you more aroused, and get the "juices flowing".
    Katlyne120806

Answer by Katlyne120806 at 11:53 PM on Nov. 21, 2009