when making muffins and cupcakes, can you bake them in just the cups or do you have to use muffin tins?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:55 PM on Nov. 21, 2009 in Food & Drink

• No, you can not bake in the paper cups alone... you will have one hell of a mess in your oven if you try.
    The only baking cups that you can use without the muffin tin are the heavy duty silicone reusable cups.
    Cara5

Answer by Cara5 at 4:07 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• Ive never used muffin tins. I just put the batter in the cupcake pan. Just make sure to spray non stick cooking spray so they wont stick!
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 10:56 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• op here. can i bake them in just the cupcake paper cups?
    Anonymous

• I think you can if you set the paper cups full of batter on a cookie sheet or something. Watch them closely though, because they might cook differently. I bet they'll be a little flatter, like not really puffed up on top like normal. I've never tried it, but I think it could work out if you're careful.
    raybird1031

Answer by raybird1031 at 11:03 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• oh haha did I misunderstand the question! sorry. Hmm I dont think you can do just the paper cups. I think they may catch fire from sitting on the hot metal or even not keep their shape and spill out... Which can also cause a fire and a mess!
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 11:03 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• They make cupcake papers that are foil on the outside. They are made for baking in without using a muffin tin.
    07upsydaisy

Answer by 07upsydaisy at 11:17 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• The paper cups alone don't hold their shape. Even the foil cups intended for baking without a muffin pan tend to distort their shape some.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:42 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• The cups go INTO the muffin tins so that they come out easy. Dont use the cups alone or you will have a nice big mess on your hands.
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 1:33 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• No, you cannot just bake them in the paper cups. You need the muffin tin. If you use just the paper cups, they will not form and you will have a huge mess in your oven. You can use the muffin tin without the paper cups though. Just make sure you grease the muffin tin first.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:48 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• op here,

thanks all, ive never made these before. thanks for your help.
    Anonymous