How do you know if your baby has dropped?

Just curious. Im 35 weeks and the last few days i've had a lot more pressure in my lower back and pelvic region... Also when I sleep it hurts to turn over or even to sit up from laying down... BUT I still feel him kick my ribs and stuff. Can he still reach them if he has dropped?

firethearson

Asked by firethearson at 11:13 PM on Nov. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Also I have a slight cough. It hurts extremely bad in my pelvic area when I cough
    firethearson

Answer by firethearson at 11:15 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• Yeah they will still reach your ribs. It's slightly more of an expression, it means that their heads are down in place. It's not like they have far to go. All that pressure is a good indication that he has dropped. With my first I didn't really notice that he had dropped by any added feelings of pressure but at 7 months my midwife told me that he was there in place and he stayed that way the rest of my pregnancy with his feet in my ribs.
    Anonymous

• Yes he is big enough now that he could have dropped and still be kicking your ribs lol sucks huh.. I knew when i dropped because for the longest time i had a baby bump and then it went away lol .. sadly before my labor she popped back up and made it so difficult for me
    Jan0609momma

Answer by Jan0609momma at 11:25 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• My son dropped on thanksgiving. I remember it all too well and he'll be two in feb. lol. I ate way too much that day and when I got home I was in extreme pain. I felt like he was doing flips. It ended with a lot of pressure on my pelvis. He was a big boy and I am a very small woman, so it might not be that dramatic for everyone lol.
    MoMmY2APrince85

Answer by MoMmY2APrince85 at 11:54 PM on Nov. 21, 2009

• I was able to tell my son dropped because i could breath again!!! lol. IDK your the only one that really knows, it will feel a little different. people might also recognize a change in your appearance too.
    Hali_Taylor

Answer by Hali_Taylor at 12:37 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• its funny u say that as im 26 weeks preg and i feel like my baby is low and he has been like this from me showing (my bump) im gonna see midwife as it is a nightmare every time i stand up its as if he is jumping on my bladder all the time and all the kicks are really low , i no i must sound mad but i no wot i mean this is baby 4 for me and it is so different from the rest xx
    happymam2b

Answer by happymam2b at 12:55 PM on Nov. 22, 2009