I have had enough

Ok, First I am 39 years old, I am a single mother of a 16 year old son. I have had it with my son. I had a boyfriend over today and we were hanging out. A little earlier this evening we started kissing and fooling around we wanted to be alone so we went in to my room. My son knocked on the door like 5 times. Every time i have a guy over he interrupts. I knoe he is a guy and protective but this is getting carried away. If im kissing a guy or cuddeling he tries to pull me away. I cant get him to stop and if he knows im having sex he wont speak to me for the whole next day. I am the mom he is the son, its my house I cant take it anymore. We did just move to NY and i think he might be having troubles addopting and making friends.

dandeecandi

Asked by dandeecandi at 12:02 AM on Nov. 22, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Don't do that stuff with a guy who's not his dad in front of him. Control yoursefl.
    SaraP1989

Answer by SaraP1989 at 12:03 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• Um well yeah, but you are an adult and you need to act like one. Maybe you are embarrassing your son. How does he know you are having sex? If a child knows you are having sex, then there is a problem there. YOU need to stop your behavior and set a good example for your son. What you are doing by having sex with your son able to hear you, is well, frankly... child abuse. Sorry.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:04 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• me having sex in my house that i paid for is a child abuse I think not. Funny that you say that because i am a lawyer and I would love to know how tha constitutes child abuse.
    dandeecandi

Answer by dandeecandi at 12:10 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• Wow, I feel bad for your son. Not only is he in a new state, had to move when he was 16 - which is a very hard age to move around. Poor kid. What he needs is some stability. You sound like an irresponsible child yourself. And YOU are what your child is going to look up to. I would feel so hurt and disrespected if I were your son. I understand if you're going to "fool around" and have sex, but if you're doing this during the day, and while your child is in the house, and while he's still awake (let alone in front of him) then YOU need to look at what YOUR doing and stop!! You are disgusting! I feel horrible for your son.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:30 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• He sounds embarrassed....and I would be too if I were him. I would feel SO DISRESPECTED!!! I'm sorry, but I think YOU are the one with the problem. I agree with most of what the PP said.
    mamie2shoes

Answer by mamie2shoes at 12:32 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• I would not put my child in that position. have sex at the guy's house. accept that this is a season in your life. put your child first
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:51 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• Im totally heated about these responses, you guys dont make love in your house. I do put my child first I love my child more than anything in the world. I asked a question about what I could do for my son and now i get ripped by everyone.
    dandeecandi

Answer by dandeecandi at 1:18 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• try having ur boyfriend hang out with im, he may feel like u are replacing him,, people are so damn rude here.try doing stuff with all of u like movie nite or game nite.he doesnt want to feel llike a 3rd wheel
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 4:14 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• Your son is plenty old enough to realize that it is ACCEPTABLE and APPROPRIATE for his mother to have a relationship with a man. He is old enough to walk away and you have every right to have sex in your house, in your room. Being parents doesn't mean our lives end, sit him down and explain to him that it is your house and if you want to have your boyfriend over you will. He needs to grow up and stop acting like a young child, he is 16 and knows how to act appropriately. You are not abusing him by spendng time with your boyfriend. Now, if you were having sex in front of him. that would be a different story. Lock your door when you want private time. Don't stop living your life, you are a single ADULT woman and desereve happiness and someone to spend time with that isn't your child.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:39 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• tyfry496, I agree however...

I'm a single mom too, mine are 15 and 16. I would never dream of having sex with them in the house. I agree it's your house and you pay the bills, but have a heart! it's hard enough being a teenager as it is, without being slapped by the fact that your mom is a sexual person. Light kissing is ok but getting hot and heavy enough to have to go in my bedroom, with the kids there is something I just wouldn't do. Can you entertain at your boyfriend's house or elsewhere? That way you have your fun and it isn't shoved down your son's throat.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Nov. 22, 2009