Picky eater.

My daughter has is going on 15months and her appeite has decrease tremendously. All she likes to eat is fruit and veggies. She stopped wanting juice and she refuses to eat meat. I know the things that she eats are nutritious but she needs to consume something that consist of iron. What should i do?

numbawunmom

Asked by numbawunmom at 12:05 AM on Nov. 22, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If she is eating veggies for you try broccoli, or other green veggies those are very high in iron. Do you give her any vitamins? I have been giving my 17mo them since he was about 14 months. I am sure she will get her appetite back in no time!
    coffeemom86

Answer by coffeemom86 at 12:12 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• rice and beans mixed together make a whole protein
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• My son is the same age...
    Juice isn't really a good thing for kids to drink anyway. It's empty calories and has almost no nutritional value (kind of like giving soda) So don't stress that she won't drink that. As long she is drinking some milk and water then it's not a big deal.
    As far as meats, lots of kids don't like meat... I think it's the texture.
    My son had stopped eating meat for about a month.... but not he is eating them again. Just keep offering them. You could teach her to dip her foods, which seems fun at this age. She could dip things like chicken in applesauce or mild salsa or something.
    My son LOVES beans.... they are rich in protein and iron like meat. Or if she eats peanut butter or other nut butters.
    Just keep trying the meat though.... just when I think my son hates a food is when he shocks me and starts gobbling it up! He did this with carrots... made him gag everytime.. now its a fav!
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 1:12 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• Does she like chocolate milk? Stir in some Ovaltine. I've also told my dd that Dora and Kai Lan likes this or that when I'm trying to get her to eat something, which is currently veggies. She'll eat rice all day,but she won't eat veggies out of it. One of the many reasons we love Chef :)
    aerisnmommy

Answer by aerisnmommy at 12:17 PM on Nov. 22, 2009