How much is the best interval betwin first and second child?

I am 37 and I have a 6 years old son. I'm worried about second child . I dont know if it is better to have two child or not.

leila588

Asked by leila588 at 12:21 AM on Nov. 22, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I have one child. Granted, she's only 6 months old, but I don't think I want another one, ever. Hubby and I are fine with just one.
    My sister and I are two years apart, and we fought like cats and dogs. My hubby is 16 years younger than his brother, and 18 years younger than his sister and they all get along great. So to me, a larger gap between kids seems like a better idea than a smaller gap. But I don't know, you have to do whatever feels right for YOU! :)
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 12:47 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• my parents followed the 3 year rule. They had 4 of us one every 3 years it worked out great we were all raised close went to schools together and are all still very close now and we are in our late 20's and early 30's.
    67mermaid

Answer by 67mermaid at 3:29 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• I think it depends on you. DO you want to start over at the baby stage or are you happy with just the one child? I know we have 2 and def do not want any more. I think if I would have know I would have stayed with 1. But thats because my oldest is very easy going and the youngest is..well not!
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 6:54 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• No one here can say what is "better" for YOU to do.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:21 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• wow...that doesnt even make sence.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:01 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• Physically, it takes the body three years to fully recover from pregnancy and childbirth (theoretically, please don't ask me to source it cause I don't remember where I read it, I just know it was a credible source :o) ) So that is the rule I decided to follow. Now that my son is 4, we're not ready for another baby yet, but I know that at least when we are, my system won't still be recovering from my first child. Since your child is already six, that means the rest is up to you. Good luck with whatever you decide!
    AnnieMcD

Answer by AnnieMcD at 8:06 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• Well this is a personal decision. I had my son and his sister came 16mos later. This was not planned and although it had its moments they are so close and my son has always had a sibling. If I had to plan it I would of spaced it more because it is hard on your body then I BF so it was just back to back with no break in between. Then we had our final child when the middle child was 3 1/2 so that was better for my body! LOL Now we are done but 3 is more than enough for us but some are like one is enough while others want 6 or more!
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 12:38 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• There is no best. EAch family has its own unique dynamic...
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 3:35 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• My childen are five in a half years apart.I like it that way too.My son turned six when my daughter was six months old.He understands more about "taking care" of her and that his parents still love him the same.Because he's old enought to talk to about that kind of stuff.He can help even.Bring you a blanket or what not.He hald her when she was new (with is dad's help).Got to feed her "big girl food".Loved teaching her his name even.He loves being a "bro-ber" to his baby (he called her his baby.Not his baby sister.lol!!).
    elly25

Answer by elly25 at 7:25 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• That is a very subjective question. I think 3 or 4 years. My friend thinks 2. Another of my friends kids are 8 years apart and she wouldn't have it any other way.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:51 PM on Nov. 24, 2009