Have any of you dis agreed with your spouse on the number of children you wanted and how did you resolve it?

I have 2 girls aged 8 and 20 months. I want one more and my husband keeps tellign me I am nuts. Unfortunatly we decided long ago that we only wanted 2 but now I feel that we are missing something.

jelync

Asked by jelync at 1:34 AM on Nov. 22, 2009 in Relationships

• We just have one so far. I want four and he wants two, so I I'm compromising by wanting six. No, that's just a joke. Give it some time, maybe he'll soften! Good luck!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 2:15 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• we both agreed on one child. id like another, well, another, i feel, would totally compete me, but i dont think i can personally handle a second so im glad weve come to the acceptance that once enough. :)
    evilive

Answer by evilive at 8:36 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• we both agree on 3 children. only have 1 right now, but we're planning on more.
    Pudge_Pie20

Answer by Pudge_Pie20 at 9:53 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• I am going to have our third in the next few weeks. I already know that I want 1 more after this one. My hubby isn't too sure. Some days he says yes. Some days he says no. I would never do it without the 100% agreement, support, and encouragement of my hubby. So, if he decides that we are done, I will be very happy with my 3 wonderful children. I could never trick my hubby or sneak in a pregnancy. I might wonder what I am missing if I don't have a 4th, but I also know that I will be very happy with my 3.
    mupt02

Answer by mupt02 at 10:11 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• we initially talked 3-4 children. we have one son now, 12mos. we've really become open about the number of children we want. we don't really have a set number. we're just going to roll with life and see what happens. :)
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 11:36 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• "I could never trick my hubby or sneak in a pregnancy."

Me either. It is we do this together or not at all. I was just curious to see how these situations worked out for others.

Thanks for all the input. i will be happy if only have the 2 and if we have the 3rd so be it. I love my hubby and kids regardless.
    jelync

Answer by jelync at 12:35 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• IMO - a husband should give in to his wife about number of children since in most cases, the majority of the burdon of raising them will fall on her. HOWEVER... a wife should never trick or decieve her husband into having more kids. He should do it of his own free will and with a grateful heart.
    Anonymous