Will men ever understand?

I am up crying and he tells me this is not worry time, this is sleep time. I am the one who is always up in the middle of the night with our 5 month old daughter. I take care of her during the day plus go to school. Now I have finals, christmas, a wedding and moving all within two weeks of each other. I'M STRESSED!!! All he can say is "are we over". What do I do?

gonnabeamomma09

Asked by gonnabeamomma09 at 1:43 AM on Nov. 22, 2009 in Relationships

• I think you are just stressed about everyhting... Do you ask him to help you? You need to ask him to help you in some area's you can't do everything...

For in example if Im in my room iroining and my son comes in and ask me that he needs help I say to my son "ask your papa to help you" and it's not that I don't won't to, it's b/c my husband needs to be involved in his school work also.

PS Ask him to help you in kind words...
    Hugs to you I hope you feel better I'll be checking up on you later...
    margodod

Answer by margodod at 1:52 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• I honestly think that they will not understand unless they are forced to be the main caregiver for at least 24-48 hours. Either leave for the weekend or learn to deal with it. It took me a good 1 1/2 to get used to it. Some women get really lucky and most do not. You can only do what you can. Be okay with not being on top of it all the time and that will take a lot of stress off of you. Sometimes it's about managing your time a little better too. I feel for you girl! Message me if you ever want to talk!
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 2:07 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• men are so stupid, dude. tell him youre not wonder woman, MAKE HIS ASS HELP! yes, i said MAKE ladies. sheesh:|
    evilive

Answer by evilive at 8:35 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• Men just don't look at things the way we do. And he's right, you need to let your mind relax at night so you can get good, sound sleep so you can face the next day.
    Ask for help when you need it, and try not to get too many things going at once in the future. If it's all grouped up like that, turn some things down so that you're not overwhelmed with the tasks.
    Your hormones are likely still a little unbalanced from having a baby, and of course lack of sleep so the problems seem worse.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 9:53 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• "This is not worry time, this is sleep time"? Seriously, that is what he told you? I would punch him in the weiner for saying something like that to me. That is cold and uncalled for. You need to explain to him that you are over your limits with stress. That you need him to take up some responsibility and help out with the daughter during the night/day. You need your rest and you need some time to get ahold of everything to get it done. If he cannot help you out in the most stressful time for you, then he's a jackass and needs to be kicked.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 8:31 PM on Nov. 22, 2009