Wow, what a sweet deal this is!

Headline from the Drudge Report:

Sweeteners for the South

By Dana Milbank
Sunday, November 22, 2009

Staffers on Capitol Hill were calling it the Louisiana Purchase.

On the eve of Saturday's showdown in the Senate over health-care reform, Democratic leaders still hadn't secured the support of Sen. Mary Landrieu (D-La.), one of the 60 votes needed to keep the legislation alive. The wavering lawmaker was offered a sweetener: at least $100 million in extra federal money for her home state.

And so it came to pass that Landrieu walked onto the Senate floor midafternoon Saturday to announce her aye vote -- and to trumpet the financial "fix" she had arranged for Louisiana. "I am not going to be defensive," she declared. "And it's not a $100 million fix. It's a $300 million fix."

Wouldn't this make her the highest paid whore in Washington?
Any thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:44 AM on Nov. 22, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I can think of a higher paid whore in D.C. . . . . . . . . .

She had to do it now, since she will probably be trying to reinvent herself as the state savior to garnish votes in 2010, but whoever her contender is going to be will have a load of material to use against her in those nasty campaign commercials.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:02 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• Can we OFFICIALLY say that the CHANGE msg from Obama is bunch of Crap yet? And dont tell me this had nothing to do with him...HE said HE was and only HE could bring CHANGE to Washington and HE was going to END crap JUST LIKE THIS! Well where the heck is he? Why isnt he calling BS on this? This is HIS party, he has the power.....

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 2:09 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• I second the motion to call the CHANGE msg from Obama crap.
    All in favor? I see two.
    All opposed? hmmm, no one.
    The answer is..........Yes, we CAN!!!! whoo hoo!!!
    29again

Answer by 29again at 3:10 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• Wait.

Did no one hear about the exact same thing when the House passed the Cap & Trade Bill?

Just asking.

It is my personal conviction that this exact system is why such a large percentage of the stimulus bill has not yet been spent. ... It will serve this purpose just before elections both in 2010 and 2012. The stimulus money is free-floating money, available for any use.

... Ha !! It's "Obama's stash" ... !!!
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 3:40 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• I say aye. I say we should have a national tax strike day.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 3:58 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

-----------

Are there still enough people working to really make an impression that way? I (though jobless..) support the idea of a tax strike!!! But, could we wait till I get a job? I really want to help the cause, too!
    29again

Answer by 29again at 4:40 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• Nancy and Obama don't want you to have a job.

mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 7:43 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• Hmpft! She sold out pretty cheaply! Considering she's not actually going to get this money (well, maybe a little off the top!) and she's going to be hitting the unemployment line in 2010, I hope she's saving her pennies! LOL
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:51 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• Selling the American people down the river with our money no less..

shes a turd all of them are
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 8:14 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• This is the face of the democratic party. Vote buying.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:33 AM on Nov. 22, 2009