what to pack in my hospital bag?????

well its about that time :)... but im not sure of what all i need to pack for myself and the baby....it happened so fast with my first i dont really remember if i even packed a bag for me... please and ideas!!!

jannaboo

Asked by jannaboo at 1:52 AM on Nov. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Well, I was in the hospital for three weeks, so I ended up having my DH bring a ton of stuff, so I'm sure you won't need everything I needed.... Here's a few ideas:
    Your toothbrush, toothpaste, and other toiletries that will make you feel comfortable and attractive
    Your own pair of slippers, and maybe socks, too.
    Bathrobe
    If you have a favorite pillow
    Clothes to bring the baby home in, and if you have a special blanket for him/her
    Scents or sounds (CD and player?) that you want to have while giving birth
    Your favorite massage lotion
    A nice brush if brushing your hair helps relax you (it sure did me!)
    If you have a birthing ball (or exercise ball, same thing) they are nice to sit on and rock during contractions
    hmmm... those are just a few things that come to mind...
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 2:09 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• I packed all my bathroom stuff (toothbrush, toothpaste, hair ties, hair brush, deodorant, small travel bar of soap, face lotion and chap stick). I also packed a going home outfit for me (sweat pants and a t shirt with some sandals because my feet were still swollen) and a pair of warm fuzzy socks (the hospital was cold!)
    I packed a robe, but I didn't use it. It just took up space. I also packed a book, my Nintendo DS, and packed some snacks for hubby, that I ended up munching on after DD was born because the hospital food was cliche and I couldn't eat it, haha!
    For baby I packed some diapers & wipes though we didn't use them (short drive home), a going home outfit, a camera (disposable AND digital) a receiving blanket, and a hat although most hospitals will give you one.
    That's all I can think of...
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 2:12 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• hair ties

food

money
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 7:42 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• Camera, nightgowns, nursing pads, underwear, bras, socks, outfit to wear home (maternity clothes of course) If you have a type of sanitary napkins you prefer you can bring those too but the hospital will provide those for you if you're not picky For baby outfit to wear home, diapers a t shirt (I like the onesies personally) and a blanket.

I would also have a list of who needs to be called after the birth and their numbers. Some magazines or books to read are also a nice ting to have. Hope I helped. Good luck!
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 10:03 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• Outfit for baby to go home in, lotion, toiletries, slipper/socks, clothes for you to go home in, either snacks or $ for snacks from a vending machine &/or caffeteria, hair ties, I took a spray bottle for during labor, I also had electronic games, a deck of cards and movies to watch (while I waited for labor I was induced), and I also took extra clothes to wear at the hospital,sanitary pads and nursing pads. You can search up hospital bag checklists on google and it'll bring up sites with checklists to help guide you.
    bjw_053109

Answer by bjw_053109 at 5:31 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• Here's a few sites with lists. Just write it down or print it out and happy packing. That's one of my fave parts, packing for the hospital! lol.
    http://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnancy/labourandbirth/planningyourbabysbirth/whattopack/
    http://www.babycenter.com/packing-for-the-hospital-or-birth-center
    http://www.beginnerbaby.com/hospital-packing-checklist
    Rachell9503

Answer by Rachell9503 at 10:57 PM on Nov. 22, 2009