having such a hard time staying on track with healthy eating

why can't i stick to a healthy diet? if i get upset or mad, i end up snacking...and especially if i'm bored. i always crave junk food (chocolate cake, etc). ugh. i wish i could afford a chef, dietician, nutritionist, personal trainer (the works)... what are some tips for staying away from the "yo-yo diet" and to achieve good overall health? i'm in the nursing field, taking classes...but, i need someone to tell me who was heavy themselves, had bad eating habits and changed! thanks.
sincerely, fed up!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:08 AM on Nov. 22, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Well first of all you can work on this b/c I did... if you can't afford a fitness trainer you can do this
    1. eat a big breakfast
    2. drink alot of water during 3-4 hours before lunch
    3. lite lunch w/ a sald
    4. drink alot of water during3-4 hours before dinner
    5. lite dinner
    NOTE do not deprive yourselve from food just have self control
    margodod

Answer by margodod at 2:25 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• For me(I lost alot of weight,140 plus pounds)I just stopped buying the junk,started working out,drinking alot of water,I eat alot of whole grains,lean meats,fruits,veggies etc.Losing weight takes time and often is a committment,there are times you will screw up(I know i did)But thats why each day is a brand new day and you start over.Make small changes over time,start getting more active,and just eat healthier and you will notice a difference.
    Nattiesmom9603

Answer by Nattiesmom9603 at 7:55 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• Keep the junk out of the house. Eat a nice, cripy apple. Brushing your teeth with minty toothpaste can help, too.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:39 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• i follow Weight Watchers, its a great program b/c it teaches you how to eat healthy, its not a diet but a lifestyle change. my biggest tip would be to simply stop buying junk. if its not in the house you cant eat it.
    AgentBrez

Answer by AgentBrez at 5:19 PM on Nov. 24, 2009