I get soo depressed over the

I get soo depressed over the holidays and I hate feeling this way-I have no man to love or who loves me ,my parents are aging,and I dont feel happy anymore.What can I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:52 AM on Nov. 22, 2009 in Relationships

• I would get some decorations and make my house into a winter wonderland. Always play christmas music and get festive drinks like eggnog or cider. Start some holiday tradition and take advantage of all the free cool events in your area that are holiday related. I'm sure soon you'll miss this soon so enjoy what your life is now, at least your parents are alive and i assume you and your children are healthy. Relax you're going to miss these times someday so enjoy them!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:18 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• Well you're a mom, obviously. Share the joy with your child(ren). If you have to fake it, I know for some people if you fake it long enough they actually start feeling happy.
    Jessie1689

Answer by Jessie1689 at 2:57 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• Don't you have any friends, or family members your age? I would try to do things with them, or keep myself busy, do you have children? I am assuming you do, cause your on this site, you could take them out to eat, go to the show, visit the library, or the park, depending on the weather in your area. You could try and make friends here also.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:59 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• Back when my girls would visit their dad's family during the holidays and I have no parents but a sister...and yet my sister would laugh at me because she had her husbands family to fall back on.....all the while she didn't "get it" that I was alone.....
    cookmom69

Answer by cookmom69 at 3:21 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• Use your faith, and ask God to help you remember the true meaning of the holidays, also remember its just a day...it can't be perfect for any family no matter what they all say or do...well, I will pray for you...watch a funny movie! we always watch christmas vacation and scrooged!!
    ilovedogs1967

Answer by ilovedogs1967 at 7:39 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• smoke some dope, then start thinkin. ...theyll all go away....;)
    evilive

Answer by evilive at 8:37 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• Volunteer to serve Christmas dinner at a shelter, help with a toy drive, include your child(ren) in these ideas. My family and I do this and the feeling of happiness is incredible! I used to feel the same way, because my siblings made me feel like I wasn't wanted and still do. Getting involved can be a wonderful experience!
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 10:05 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• I am not a Christian but grew up in a Christian area. I have friends that are still carrying the expectations of Christmas that they had as children. It's now impossible to experience that old Christmas anticipation and thrill. It's painful for them. The happiest among them have released those old holiday expectations and re-directed their attention. It was hard for me as a kid, when everyone else had these huge celebrations, but now as an adult I look forward to the Christmas season. I love the decorations - I will even pause to soak up the light and sparkle from ornaments in grocery stores! I would suggest you look for seasonal activities you wouldn't have considered before. Is there a gingerbread house display? A model train exhibit? A special service at a church that isn't your church? How about viewing over-decorated houses? What can you find that can include your parents in shaping a new holiday ideal?
    Whimsee

Answer by Whimsee at 12:26 PM on Nov. 22, 2009