My infants feeding schedule!?!?

My four-day-old baby is want ing to feed every 4 hours and is taking in 2 ounces or more. She won't latch so we have gone to bottle feeding, mostly formula, but I have been trying to pump what little milk I have for her. Idk, Please help!!

.carrie.

Asked by .carrie. at 4:48 AM on Nov. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Eating every 4 hours is great, try to get her to eat more like 2 1/2 oz at each feeding she will increase her amount by 2-3 weeks as long as she isn't losing to much and gaining then she is doing great. I think that you should pick up a copy of "What to expect in the 1 st year" if you haven't got a copy yet please get a copy ASAP i call it the MY MOMMY BIBLE.  I hope this helps you out your doing a great job momma keep your head up.

raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 5:24 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• Feed on demand. She shouldn't have a schedule yet.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 7:14 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• lucky mine fed every half hour
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 7:44 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• Feed her whenever she is hungry, she may start feeding more often soon when the growth spurt starts. You may try pumping every 2 to get your supple up and to have some stashed!
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 7:49 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• My daughter fed every 2-3 hours. As raemommy said What to expect the first year was a life saver. If I had any questions I would refer to the book and my question was always answered. My daughter is now 15 months old and now I owe What to expect toddler years and its the most informative books I have ever owned. It is money well spent. Whenever the baby is hungry feed her but make sure its not more then 4 hours
    drs1206

Answer by drs1206 at 9:48 AM on Nov. 22, 2009