Has anybody ever heard of the seventh day baptists?

I really like the merging of the true sabbath with the true bible no prophets no other doctrine but what the bible says...that's awesome.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:02 AM on Nov. 22, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Here are the differences and similarities of SDB and SDA
    http://www.washingtonsdb.org/a_comparison_of_seventh_day_bapt.htm
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:17 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• Seventh day adventists do have a "prophet". Its a very controlling religion. My mother was being beat by my father and the elders of her seventh day adventists church told her that divorce was not ok in their church.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:04 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• ANON :04 here
    i just re-read your post and realized you were talking about the SDB. sorry.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• SDB church was one of the first churches I researched as a "seeker" because of the Bible sabbath. I just couldn't get over the "once saved, always saved" doctrine (but that's just me).
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 11:58 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• SDB church was one of the first churches I researched as a "seeker" because of the Bible sabbath. I just couldn't get over the "once saved, always saved" doctrine (but that's just me)

Once you are truly saved you are always saved
    Many people think they are saved but they aren't. You must truly understand the gospel to be truly saved and you will know in you heart forever that you are saved no matter what.
    Anonymous

• Once you are truly saved you are always saved Many people think they are saved but they aren't. You must truly understand the gospel to be truly saved and you will know in you heart forever that you are saved no matter what.
    ----------------
    If there were no examples of salvation lost in the Bible, if Ezekiel 33 wasn't in the Bible, if I wasn't a firm believer in choice and free-will...I could agree with you. Jesus promised to never to leave or forsake us, but we are free to leave Him at anytime. If we choose to disobey and then think to receive the gift of salvation just because we "believe", we deceive ourselves. If we walk with Christ and then turn back to live as the world does, we will reap the reward of that choice.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 2:06 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• I have a really firm grasp on the Gospel, and why it is truly good news. Once saved always saved doesn't fit into it--look at the children of Israel. They turned away many times and were punished for the insurrections. Look at King Saul, he was filled with the Spirit. Because of his disobedience to the command of God, the Spirit left him. How can the Spirit leave whom He has never filled? (1 Samuel 16:14) Why are we warned against temptation if we can never be lost once we accept Christ? Are we allowed to sin all we want without fear of punishment? No.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 2:14 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• Lexylex
    that's all OT I agree with U a million times over when you say if you 100% for the most part when it comes to salvation and many people really think they are saved by saying a little prayer and then they go and walk in sin. those people aren't truly saved. please watch this pastor talk it's about 7 mins I think we would both agree on what he is saying. Please watch it and tell me what you think
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoWSZ7IuQU4
    Anonymous

• Lexylex
    sorry the first part of what I wrote made no sense...lol
    I was saying that I agree with U on salvation for the most part
    Anonymous

• I hear what Washer is saying. I agree that the unconverted person doesn't understand the Gospel. I agree that the unconverted person hasn't truly attained salvation. What I have a problem with is the idea that because a person returns to sin that he/she never walked with Christ in the first place. Satan was made perfect, but he chose to rebel. He lived closed to God until he decided he no longer wanted to obey Him. We are given the same choice.
    Just as any and all are free to accept Christ, they are also free to reject Him at any time. God wants us to choose Him. He gives salvation freely, but He won't force us to keep it.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 6:19 PM on Nov. 22, 2009