is it possible that im pregnant without having a positive blood test?

My periods have been so irregular for the past 6 months or so, but all tests come back negative

angelface2005

Asked by angelface2005 at 8:52 AM on Nov. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• no..a blood test would confirm a pregnancy
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:56 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• No, blood tests are pretty much one hundred percent accurate. No period without a positive blood test probably means that you didn't ovulate, or aren't ovulating regularly.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 9:40 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• No, but I would have my hormone levels checked for sure, that could be why you are not getting PG. A blood test is 100% accurate, good luck!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:41 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• your periods could be acting weird also because your so stressed about it to.
    SaphiraJFire

Answer by SaphiraJFire at 9:43 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• Definitely have your hormones checked. My periods were irregular for a long time, and I was SURE I was pregnant and just having negative tests. But I got hormones checked and I had several way out-of-whack ratios that were indicative of PCOS, a hormone disorder. Its sad, but necessary, b/c if you are TTC and your periods are irregular, you may not be fertil at all right now. That is what happened to me. Hormones can cause you not to ovulate, and not ovulating starts a big chain reaction that eventually causes you not to have your period and then not to ovulate again the next month - You NEED to get it checked, esp. if you are TTC.
    Iskkra

Answer by Iskkra at 11:07 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• Yes, happened my last pregnancy! I took 3 pee tests that were all neg. and about a week and 1/2 after my "missed period" I had a blood test and it was neg., completely NO levels at all. Turns out I got pregnant the week I was supposed to start, crazy body! Wait a week and re-test. If yo
    AddyLeigh

Answer by AddyLeigh at 12:02 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• ...u're still not, check with your doc about what could be causing this!
    AddyLeigh

Answer by AddyLeigh at 12:03 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• Yes I know many women who have had babies and never had a positive pee OR blood test, they had ultrasounds to confirm.

Philsgirl21

Answer by Philsgirl21 at 2:22 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• My mom didn't get a pos blood test until she was 5 months along with me. The lab can make mistakes.

If you have super irregular periods, there are all sorts of possibilities for hormone combos in your blood and urine.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 2:39 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• retested this morning after feeling flutters of movement, but still came out negative. My dr refuses to give me an ultrasound to confirm a pregnancy
    angelface2005

Answer by angelface2005 at 10:01 PM on Nov. 24, 2009