Do you want to send a thank you to our troops?

This is a neat and easy way to do so..

Get your kids involved too

tnmomofive

Asked by tnmomofive at 9:16 AM on Nov. 22, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 9:16 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• IDK I had a cousin just come back from their for 2nd time he didn't want letters from anyone said it made him to sad reminding him to much what he was doing and what he was missing out on here. idk how I feel about it. My family wanted to send him care packages but he flat out got hateful about it I guess some take it way different than others. maybe when they send these letters they make sure it goes to those who will like it.
    I have had other relatives go their who had the exact opposite reaction. Its such a great idea in theory but what if the one letter I do send gets to that one guy who will hate it and send a rude letter to my family? idk I guess I could be a tad paranoid about it lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:28 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• I have had other relatives go their who had the exact opposite reaction. Its such a great idea in theory but what if the one letter I do send gets to that one guy who will hate it and send a rude letter to my family? idk I guess I could be a tad paranoid about it lol.

***

Do you really think a soldier would take the time to send a "rude letter" to someone who sends them a care package or a thank you?! I think the concern and graciousness for our troops far outweighs the potential "negative!" Supporting and thanking our troops is a gamble I'm willing to take!!! This is why my husband and I have "adopted" more than 2 dozen soldiers via the Soldiers' Angels program since it started. We've never received a "nasty gram!"

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:49 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• My sister and Husband love this kind of stuff. It is a huge moral buster for them. They would get so lonely and down. NutsOnline.com will give a nuts to the troops if you give the address. I am sending my hubby's squadron some.

Support our Troops, ya Cafe Moms.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 9:51 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• Thanks for th rinfo, will check it out
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:24 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• Just sent it to my daughters schools principal, hopefully they can all send one, all 600 plus students!
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:39 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• my husband loved getting cards and care packages when he was in Kosovo. i sent two packages every week one for him and one for this guy that had no one at home and now he is just like family! great sending one
    jhcz

Answer by jhcz at 10:40 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• Sent one!

cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 11:09 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• Sent one!
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 11:35 AM on Nov. 22, 2009