How do I choose which of my groups appear on my home page?

I'm not talking about deciding which ones are visible to others, I mean in the box on my home page, where I can choose to show 5, 10, etc groups. How do I choose which ones appear at the top of the list? I know I have done it before, but can't figure it out again for the life of me!

BigOlMommy

Asked by BigOlMommy at 9:29 AM on Nov. 22, 2009 in About CafeMom

• I would like to know how to rearrange the order my groups show up in. It is not alphabetical or by number of members. Is there a way to place them in order?
    DogsMom

Answer by DogsMom at 12:20 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• A while back, I figured out a way to be able to choose which of my groups appears on MY homepage, I don't know if it shows up on my public profile or not. Just when I am viewing my own homepage, the widget box where it has a few groups listed. You can choose how many you want to show, & which ones they'll be. I want to switch mine, but can't figure it out again!
    BigOlMommy

Answer by BigOlMommy at 12:26 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• Hi BigOlMommy,

Here's how to change the display order of your groups:

Mouseover the 'Home' tab.
    Click on 'Personal Details' in the drop-down menu.
    Click the 'Privacy + Settings' link on the left side of the page.
    Scroll down the page to 'Group Settings'.
    Beneath the 'Group Order' column, enter the numeric value of the order you want the groups to appear.
    Click 'Save'.

The 'Group Order' field will control the order in which groups are listed on your Groups widget and your 'My Groups' page.

Once you have organized your groups in the display order you would like. You will need to go to the 'Widget Directory' and add the 'Groups' widget to your page.

Under ''Select how many items you would like to show up on your page' choose from the drop-down menu the number of groups you will to be viewable.

//The CafeMom Admin Team
    CafeMom Admin

Answer by CafeMom Admin at 8:00 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• Thanks so much Team! I will be working on that for a while.....
    DogsMom

Answer by DogsMom at 1:29 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Thanks!!
    BigOlMommy

Answer by BigOlMommy at 3:17 PM on Nov. 27, 2009