If you had a REALLY easy 1st baby was your 2nd one horrible?

Everytime everyone meets my son they coment on how awesome of a baby he is and says "oh goodness you shouldnt have another one cuz that one will be horrible!" I was wondering if there is anything trueth to this?

masonsmommy921

Asked by masonsmommy921 at 10:13 AM on Nov. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Once the babies were out, the first wasy way easier than the second.
    Birthing wise, the second was way easier than the first.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:21 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• The first and second were both easy babies. The third...he's been a challenge since the day of conception.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 10:22 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• That is a myth, every pregnancy is different. If you did, it is purely coincidental.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• My twins were my firsts and they were so easy. Slept through the night at two months, never had any issues with taking away the bottle, or potty training. Then my third, she was, and still is completely opposite of the twins! She is 2 and still doesn't sleep through the night, was harder to get off the bottle, and is fighting me on the potty training thing. I wouldn't say she is "horrible" but just a lot different from her big sisters!
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 10:28 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• I've noticed a general trend (not everyone, but enough to make me notice), that usually the last baby is the "bad" one. So if someone has two kids, it's probably the second; if they have three, it's probably the third. Again, that's not the case with everyone, some people stop with only "good" babies, some people keep going after "bad" ones.

My first was very good, and I only want two, so I was expecting my second to be horrible, but she's even better than her brother. That really scares me because of my observations, lol. But my plan is to stop anyway, while I'm ahead, so to speak.

So no, that's not always the case. Don't let anyone scare you out of more babies if you want them; there's no way to know what will happen until it does. :)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:32 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• Lol - DragonRider, that is probably because after a "bad" baby, no one wants to have another!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• My husband and I thought we were the best parents in the world with our son. He was sooo easy. All we would have to do was point to his room, and he'd go in it. If he went to grab something he shouldn't have, telling him NO once was all it took. So easy. Then we had our beautiful little princess. Turns out, we weren't as good as parents as we thought, it had nothing to do with us, Zach was just an easy baby lol, whereas Kenna was born full of piss and vinegar. I always called her my "high spirited" child lol.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:51 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• Oh and I forgot to add, Hub and I always say that if Kenna was our first child, she would've been our LAST!
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:52 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• my first child was very easy too...easy pregnancy, easy labor, easy baby, easy child....my newest addition is only 7 months old and has already given me more grief than the 9 yr old has in his entire life...this one will probably be my last!
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 11:03 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• my second child is deff. more challanging then my first lol he pushes his limits and is more rowdy than his brother ever was but its just his personality
    82ndairbornewif

Answer by 82ndairbornewif at 11:03 AM on Nov. 22, 2009