water for my 6 month old?

I've just started her on solids and I still breastfeed. Does she need water now? I've been pureeing her veggies with breastmilk but can I use water? Do you give your 6 month old water?

stepmom929

Asked by stepmom929 at 10:38 AM on Nov. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• U can give them water if u want it want hurt her. Water is good for them and its good to start early or she want want to drink water when she gets older thats were I made my mistake my daughter is 12 mths old and she dosnt really like to drink water.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• I like to introduce water to the children at the same time we start on baby food. Water is the best beverage for people and I feel that the sooner I introduce it, the better chance the child has of becoming used to it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• very true what the other moms said! my daughter wasnt to fond of it because I waited too long.
    kassynkayla

Answer by kassynkayla at 10:57 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• It's good to put her on a sippy cup now, and start with water. We always gave our kids water in a cup and didn't really give them juice but maybe once a week.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:02 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• We started a sippy with water at around 8 or 9 months. My daughter went from breast to sippy

Answer by rkoloms at 11:03 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• You don't have to... but you can. I've started (casually) both my boys with sippies of water when they started solids. Neither of them understood it right away so they didn't actually drink anything for several months.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 11:09 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• my dr told me that i could give him an ounce for each month he was for six months your baby could have 6oz of water a day for my baby i bought some juice id pour an oz of juice and 5oz of water just to have a taste....I started mine on juice/water at 5 months....They get thirsty more then what you think :)
    Brookey25

Answer by Brookey25 at 1:09 PM on Nov. 22, 2009