:(

What did you do to make yourself more comfortable at the end of your pregnancy? I'm 41 weeks & I feel like crap and can't get comfortable. I know it will be over soon, but UGH - I just feel so blah & I'm in pain. Suggestions??

Wheepingchree

Asked by Wheepingchree at 11:03 AM on Nov. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Wow 41 weeks? Are they going to let you go much longer????
    BLoNdIe121679

Answer by BLoNdIe121679 at 11:16 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• I have an appointment tomorrow & they'll be setting an induction date...but it'll be when I'm 42 weeks.
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 11:27 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• I didn't go that long (induced 3 days after my due date) but I was very uncomfortable towards the end..... all I can really say is pillows were my best friend but thats about it. I was very annyed by that point. just keep thinking that it's almost over and at the end, you'll forget about all of this :) good luck! :)
    Domsmom2009

Answer by Domsmom2009 at 11:27 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• I was always uncomfortable too. I don't think there is much you can do. Maybe a body pillow. I regret not getting one. Like PP asked, are they going to let you go much longer?
    mamasarias

Answer by mamasarias at 11:27 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• r bless u hunni, im only 26 weeks n so uncomftable lol ave been like his all the way through so god help me at the end hehe, i have about 3-4 baths a day hunni lol and use alot of pillows but then as soon as i move thats it im back to square 1 ,hope yr labour goes well for u n good luck xxx
    happymam2b

Answer by happymam2b at 12:38 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• oh you poor thing. just use the discomfort and annoyance to help fuel the labor! lol. Remeber, its just natures way of helping you deal with the delivery! if you were contnent and comfy, you would have no desire to push the baby out! lol
    phantomphan

Answer by phantomphan at 2:17 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• Well the end is rough... it is to be expected.
    Can you give the specifics so I can offer ideas for that?

**And mamas, remember that we women are responsible for our OWN health care.... we are the ones that "let" ourselves.... do whatever.
    BUT knowing that an EDD (Estimated Due Date) is merely the mid-point of the average 4-week due period means this mom is still TOTALLY normal! ;-)

A woman is due for about a month, not just one day. Keeping that in mind can help to remind us that Nature/God isn't messing up. ;-) We are the product of millions of years of successful childbirth.
    Stay strong, patient, and informed!
    :-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 4:44 PM on Nov. 22, 2009