Gums

IS anyone else or has anyone else had trouble with very sensitive gums that throb and bleed. I am 34 weeks tomorrow and I really don't know what to do about it. I can't even floss! Any suggestions?

BLoNdIe121679

Asked by BLoNdIe121679 at 11:15 AM on Nov. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yep, mine started around 20 weeks so you are lucky. Just use mouthwash regularly. It will go away once the baby comes.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:16 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• I didn't, but have read that this is very common in pregnancy. I would talk to your dentist/OB Gyn to see what they suggest you do.
    mamasarias

Answer by mamasarias at 11:17 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• Are you serious?!?! Mine has already started and I am 5 weeks! Does it go away? I don't remember it with my son. If I had surely it went away soon or I would have remembered it but every pregnancy is diff too :( I hope it doesn't last long!!!! *Sigh*
    nakoal87

Answer by nakoal87 at 12:20 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• My gums are the same way, too. It hurts to floss but my dentist said to continue flossing because that is the best way to get the plaque from between your teeth. Mouthwash helps, but it is not as effective.
    SAndrews

Answer by SAndrews at 2:12 PM on Nov. 22, 2009