2012

What are your guys thoughts on the whole world ending in 2012 based on the Mayans calender?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Nov. 22, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• they've been saying that since 2000 and guess what? the earth is still here :) so I personaly don't believe it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• i dont think you can place a specific date on the end of the world. if anything, I am taking this prophecy as an eye opener. since this date has gotten media attention, notice how many people are taking better care of the planet and themselves? are appreciating the present more? this wake up call is a good enough revolutionary change in my eyes. I dont think focusing on the end of the world is healthy. it could end tomorrow for all we know. all but 4 pages of the myan prophecies exist, so we are missing a lot of information.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 11:31 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• People like to panic. Speak with a Mayan. They are laughing at our hysteria. I worked closely with a Mayan woman from Guatemala. She always wore traditional clothes and spoke the indian language of the Mayans from her area (there are MANY types of Mayans and dozens of languages). She told me that there is a new cycle beginning and there are no problems. She asked me why Americans think there is a problem.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:32 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• If the Mayans don't buy it, why would I? Anyway, you should be living everyday to your best ability, tomorrow is never promised

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 11:38 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• ecodani, I watched a 2012 documentary on I think the Bio channel or history channel, they interviewed a mayan and he said that many mayans dont know why americans are panicking so much...many of them are aware of the calendar and dont recollect any text stating "the end of the world" on 12/21/12
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 11:39 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• It's freaking hilarious.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:16 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• All the Mayan calendar symbolizes in the respect of 2012 is the end of an eon - the astrological change from one zodiac sign being dominant to another. The last one changed around 1 AD - from Taurus to Pisces. Many believed that the symbolism of Jesus and his "reign" came to pass b/c of this change. If you are really worried about it, I suggest watching the first half hour or so of the movie Zeitgeist (you can find it online). It explains the theory much better than I ever could.
    Iskkra

Answer by Iskkra at 12:22 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• Any time there is a date that can be made into a big deal they say it's the end of the world. I know it's complete bunk. I think people should concentrate on the present and building a better future. Seriously.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 12:24 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• Could care less. Think those who are addicted to the Discovery Channel and other paranoia based media are more influenced by it....
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:30 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• Actually it represents the precession of the zodiac, that occurs only every 26 thousand years. It is when the earth on the winter solstice lines up directly with the middle of the sun and the middle of the dark rift or the 13th constellation. This takes place on Dec 21 2012. But the Mayans never claimed it was the end of the world. Simply the end of an age, they believe the earth has had 5 ages. And they have one of the most accurate calenders in the world for measuring the movements in the heavens for centuries in advance.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 12:33 PM on Nov. 22, 2009