Would you rather starve or smoke a little pot?

Ok, if NONE of the prescription strength anti-nausea meds given to you were helping AT ALL, would you rather starve or smoke a little pot so you could eat? Like you can still drink, so you don't get dehydrated enough to be admitted to the hospital and even when you have gone to hospital, nothing works there and then you have a $800 hospital bill to pay, and smoking a little has been the ONLY thing to help...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Nov. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Smoking some grass was the only thing that made it possible for me to eat in the beginning of my pregnancy. Go ahead mama.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Nov. 22, 2009

• My friend did it when she was prego to eat, her kids fine. light it up!
    Anonymous

• Fire it up! lol. Really though if it is the only thing to help you then go for it. I would if it was the only way I could eat.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 12:08 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• And you are having a child. You need to GROW UP.
    Anonymous

• Love how the assholes are always anonymous.
    Here's the deal. When you smoke ANYTHING, you are decreasing the concentration of oxygen in your blood. For a baby, that's bad news. However, if you can't eat, there's a pretty solid chance you can't keep down your prenatals, and you won't gain weight the way you need to. It's a benefit/risk thing. In some cases, the benefits of smoking marijuana (like proper iron and folic acid levels) are clearly outweighed by the POSSIBLE (and unconfirmed) risks of low birth weight.
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 12:17 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• OP here: thanks ladies! To Anon 11:13, any other advice you can offer? Zofran and phenegram are not touching it AT ALL, I also have acupressure bracelets and homeopathic anti-nausea meds, none are working and I am hungry but can't eat! Would you just say to try to live off a liquid diet and pray it lets up? I'm being serious, this is horrible and I just keep continuing to loose wight.
    Anonymous

• You do realize that what goes into your body goes into your baby's body, right? That's why they tell you not to sit too close to campfires, why they tell you not to smoke Anything, why they tell you not to drink. A little bit is a lot to your baby. One shot is the consistancy of one glass to your baby. Get on medicaid if you can't afford your hospital bills and don't have insurance. Don't resort to drugs to help with nausea there are other ways to handle it, more healthy ways, if the meds aren't working. You're putting your baby's life at risk by lighting up.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:28 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• i personaly wouldnt smoke anything whilst pregnant even if i couldnt eat , if it is that bad i am sure the doc or midwife can advise u on what u could try , failing that weather preg or not if u dont eat u end up in hospital and fed through a drip , its up to u wot u do its yr body n baby but i think u r mad to even think to have it but like i say its yr desicion xx
    happymam2b

Answer by happymam2b at 12:36 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• look into smokeless
    Anonymous

• OP: to JAzzlikeMraz: Yes I realize this, but I can't find any evidence anywhere about the concentration levels that the fetus gets from pot. It just says it "could" cause low birthweight, but when you start looking into that, they can't seem to directly link that either. I do have insurance, we just have a high deductible and we make "too much" (ha) to qualify for assistance from medicaid, that ONE hospital bill was over $2000, our portion left to pay is $800 which we can't afford! And please give other suggestions from what I have listed if you say there are healthier ways to cope, I'm obviously desperate to be able to eat!
    Anonymous