Is it okay to give my son tylenol if he has been taking benedryl?

My son has been taking benedryl that his doctor gave him for a cold, and he is teething and his teeth seem to be really bothering him and the teething tablets don't seem to be helping would it hurt to give him tylenol? Or should I not mix the two, I would call his doctor but she is not in today.

BlainesMommy09

Asked by BlainesMommy09 at 12:05 PM on Nov. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Its fine to give him both.
    Anonymous

• it is fine to give him both, my daughters doc recommended it before and she was 11 months old =/
    kiliki_malie

Answer by kiliki_malie at 12:11 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• It's fine to give both but I'm confused about a doctor giving an INFANT an allergy medicine for a cold.
    Anonymous

• yup, benadryl is a antihistamine and there might be a decongestant in it as well. Tylenol is a pain reliever. Completely different meds to treat different issues. Before you couldn't give cold meds to kids. When ever my oldest was teething I gave her infant Tylenol cold, she always got a running nose when teething and it was great taking care of both with one med. I miss that.

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 12:30 PM on Nov. 22, 2009