Name change?

For all of you divorced/separated mom's out there...did you keep your married name or go back to your maiden name? I'm torn since my son has my married name and I don't want to make him feel bad or make him think I have alienated him by changing my name. My mom didn't change her name for those reasons, she didn't want us kids to think she was separating herself from us....what do you ladies think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:16 PM on Nov. 22, 2009 in Relationships

• My kids were 11 & 8 when he left. That was 1989. I still have that married name, because my kids have it. Although now, at 27, my daughter wants to change her last name to my maiden name.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 12:33 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• I still have my married name, will be divorced tomorrow, but am going to keep it till she is old enough to understand. If you get re-married you can always hyphen your names
    Theone3608

Answer by Theone3608 at 1:22 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• I would keep it and hyphenate if I remarried.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 2:31 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• I took back my maiden name, but at the same time, I also changed their last name back to my maiden name. My ex was convicted of a sex crime, and I didn't want to risk that stigma being attached to them. He fought me a bit, but not much. Loser.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 3:57 PM on Nov. 22, 2009