Did you get to meet your great grand parents?

I knew my two great grand mothers. They both passed away in the early and mid 90s. One was in her late 70s, and the other in her 90s. I have fond memories of both. I just lost my grandma in the summer, so my kids won't remember her.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:35 PM on Nov. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Two of my great grandmothers were alive when I was born. One died when I was one, and the other died when I was two, so I don't remember them at all. I wish I had the chance to know them better. Both of my grandma's are still alive and thriving, so my kids know their great grandma's pretty well, and hopefully will be able to know them for a while! (one is 77 and the other is 76, but either act their ages! My one grandma still works full time and has a social life most people would be jealous of! lol)
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 12:41 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• Yes I did
    Some of my favorite memories of are Great Grandfather Seth and Great Grandmother Elma They died when I was 5 -6 years old.

My daughter gets to meet her Great Granfather Eugene this week She is only 7 months old tho
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 12:42 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• My great grandmother lived to be 100 years old. I remember going to her house about once a week and she would make me peanut butter and graham crackers. She would also save up all of her pennies and give them to me and my sisters as soon as the jar was full. She passed away right before I became pregnant in 2004. My son still has a few of his great grandparent's still around. He has two great grandmother's and 1 great grandfather (both on my husband's side of the family) My grandmother and my husband's grandfather passed away last December, 10 days apart from each other. Grandparents mean a lot in our family. My husband and I are hoping to be able to build a house on some land that my husband is inheriting. It is right beside his grandparent's house. We want to be able to take care of them when the time comes.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 12:46 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• I adored my GreatGrandmother. I only saw her a few times but we sent letters. SHe was one of the toughest, smarted, spunkiest ladies to have ever lived (IMO). My baby girl has her name for her middle name. Perfect way to honor this woman.
    littleredpony

Answer by littleredpony at 1:03 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• I knew 2 of my great grandmothers. One died when I was 12 when she was 80, the other just died last yr at the ripe old age of 98. I am so glad I got to have either of them for any length of time.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 1:05 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• I knew my maternal grandmother's parents. My greatgrandfather died when he was 93, I was about 10 and my ggm died when she was in her 90's and I was in my early 20's. We have a hand drawn picture of their wedding photo, people often think it's a pic of me dressed up in vintage clothes.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 1:21 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• Yep =) My great grandmas are 90 and 95. They're my mom's parents' moms.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 1:24 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• Yes. I knew my dad's dad's mom (she died when I was in my 20's), both of my dad's mom's parents (my great-grandfather passed when I was about 10 and my great-grandmother passed a couple of days before I got married, I was 18) & my mom's mom's mom (she died at the age of 96, I was almost 31) and both of my mom's dad's parents (they died when i was in my teens). I spent a lot of time with my grandmother's parents when I was growing up and my mom's grandmother lived with my mom for the last 25 or so years of her life. My sons have 3 living great-grandparents who are all in their 80's (my sons are 18, 19, 22 and 23).
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 1:37 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• My great grandmother died when I was 2 1/2 so I don't remember.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 1:37 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• Yes. I knew my all 4 of them on my mothers side of the family. But I never met my father, so I never met most of his family either...

The first of them passed when I was 5 and the last passed just a few years ago...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:40 PM on Nov. 22, 2009