left over pot roast..beef

what recipies can i use my left over roast. i slow cooked it in the crock pot last nite for dinner but i wanted to make something else out of it for hubby when he got home so it didnt feel like eating the same thing.i tryd looking up some but got nothing. it has veggies in it

angelairelan

Asked by angelairelan at 12:37 PM on Nov. 22, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I use leftover shredded roast in place of hamburger - in soup, sandwiches, even in spaghetti - my kids really like it mixed with cooked pasta, veggies (corn or green beans), and cream of celery soup. Another thing my family likes that most people find odd, gross, unhealthy, but we love, is to mix the meat with canned spaghetti (chef boyardee or a generic) and mixed veggies & green beans or corn & green beans - we call it hunger stew and it is soooooo good! I put a ton of veggies in it and usually serve bread along with it.
    Anonymous

• you can always shred the roast, pile it on subs, and add mozzarella cheese, maybe a few slices of peppers, and melt in oven. toast the subs for crunch. and drain the vegs, sprinkled seasoning on, and serve as a side.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 12:44 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• I agree with THEHAIRNAZI. Make sandwiches out of it.

Answer by louise2 at 1:00 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• vegetable beef soup

all you need is a bag of frozen mixed veggies, beef broth, bay leaf, add the beef, chop a little onion add pepper and parsley.... you can also add a can of drained stewed tomatoes or some diced potatoes.
    bring to a boil and then let simmer for 45 minutes to an hour. remove bay leaf and enjoy
    cookmom69

Answer by cookmom69 at 4:14 PM on Nov. 22, 2009