Depo Provera question

I am on the Depo Provera birth control and I have been on my period for 14 days now. Is this normal? How can I make it stop? Has anybody else experienced this? I'm just sick of this!!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:55 PM on Nov. 22, 2009 in Health

• For now, you are stuck with it. If you are still experiencing negative side effects from it, do not get another shot; instead talk to the doc about alternative methods. I kept on it & bled for 9 months. But it works for some.
    Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 1:03 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• That is not normal. Most woman on Depo don't have a period. You should call you doctor.
    justluvinmyson

Answer by justluvinmyson at 12:56 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• I'd consider another birth control.. Depo is known to be horrible! I bled for the entire 2 years I was on it.
    AngeLnChainZ

Answer by AngeLnChainZ at 1:10 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• I'm on depo too... I had a 2 week period then it went away for 3 months... got my "renewal shot" and it came back.... its been just over 2 weeks and its starting to lighten up. Some women gain weight and stop having periods, I'm one of those people who have irregular, and sometimes longer periods (when I was on Depo before, I was on one shot - 3 mos worth - i started my period and didnt stop having it for 6 months. that's three months AFTER the shot wore off...)
    Anonymous

• i hate the depo, i gained 30 lbs on it.... the only one i know that doesnt make you have a period and doesnt make you gain is the mirena.
    kiliki_malie

Answer by kiliki_malie at 2:24 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• Befor my son I was on it and never had a period but after I had it I had a period fo rthe whole 3 months the shot lasts(IT SUCKED!!)
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 3:11 PM on Nov. 22, 2009