Did anyone else feel hopeless staying home alone with kids all day?

How do you get over it :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:23 PM on Nov. 22, 2009 in General Parenting

• You get yourself a hobby and stay busy :) Go visit your hubby on his lunch break, take trips to the park or the mall, set up some play dates, take up a cause... something that you can do with your children that gives you something to look forward to :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:35 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• Stay active. Plan many diff. types of activitys for you and the kids to do together. Since its the holiday season you guys good make goodie bags of holiday treats that you made homemade and hand them out for Christmas. Homemade choc. covered pretzels, peanut butter balls, homemade carmel popcorn, homemade cookies etc. My kids are 3 almost 4 and 1 1/2 and they love making stuff in the kitchen and getting messy. We always finger paint, playdough, color, make ginger bread houses, have tea parties, play dates. Also I try and take the kids outside to play as often as possible on nice days. If its raining or cold out then we will go to a place that has an in door playground such as Mc Donalds and enjoy a little lunch. Hope you found this helpful. I know how you feel but staying busy is the key. GL
    AProsser

Answer by AProsser at 1:41 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• Not hopeless, but certainly a sense that it was never going to end... which is hilarious now, with my 20yo living on her own and my 18yo in college and hardly ever here.

At one time, it felt like it was going to be forever. Now it feels like it took 20 minutes.

Take a look at the flyLady stuff... I suspecct a little sense of purpose in life might help you enormously. It really is not drudgery unless you see it that way...
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 2:52 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• Hopeless, not often. Lonely, every day. I long for adult conversation. I start to feel like my perspective is getting totally warped (my daughters are 14 months and 2 1/2. What helps me the most is getting together with other moms and getting out of the house as much as possible. We have at least an outing every day, more or less no matter what the weather. Sometimes it's a fun one for the girls' benefit -- Children's Museum, library, etc... other times its just the grocery store or something I need to do. But that breaks it up. Hang in there, and if you're really feeling hopeless as you say and not like yourself, I'd try to find a professional to talk with.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 3:28 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• yes, bore lonely.thats why am looking for a job.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 3:45 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• I got a job...lol... partly because we need the money, but now that I amworking, I don't think I could go to staying at home full time... I am with the kids most of the day, go to work at 5 and they go to bed at 8, so I really only miss dinner and baths, but I get the break I need.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 4:18 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• BORED. I make food, it helps a lot.
    soflashelley

Answer by soflashelley at 5:22 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• NOPE!!! I LOVE IT!!!! Keep yourself and your kids busy :)
    Anonymous

• Sometimes. More often I just feel lonely and isolated. I try to arrange walks with my friends at least once or twice a week for some adult conversation. I also try to arrange activities for my 2 yr old, but you know an hour gym class or toddler art class flies by and then I'm staring down the barrely of 8 more hours until DH gets home. On the bright side, my 2 yr old is my second child with my first being 9 yrs old. I remember feeling this way when he was little and then next thing I knew he was starting school. These early years are filled with long days, but they fly by before you know it.
    oddgirl

Answer by oddgirl at 7:07 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• I really enjoy being a SAHM.
    I hope you reach out to someone if you are feeling this way. I hope no one is putting you down either...stay strong. No one is perfect. You have got to be active in making changes for yourself FIRST and the rest will follow. Make one change this week. Take your child to do something that you are interested in if you can.....You can do it!
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 7:37 PM on Nov. 22, 2009