I asked this a few days back but didn't get many replys... (Christo-Eclectic question)

Generally this question is for Pagans but anyone with information or a respectful answer is more than welcome!

I am looking for more information about Christo-Eclecticism, Christo-Paganism and/or Christo-Wicca. I have SOME information from a fellow cafemomer, however she has told me that like all religions there are different branches with different beliefs. I'm trying to find whatever I can for both personal education and research proposes. I will accept websites but would prefer actual books.

Any suggestions would be wonderful!
Blessings Upon You and Great Thanks!

**If you want to save me, please go away! Those comments weren't tolerated the last time and aren't welcome this time either!

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 1:24 PM on Nov. 22, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• To be honest, I don't understand how it can be. But I am not bashing! I wish everyone happiness in whichever path they choose. I did some digging for you, and found these links:

SITE 1 SITE 2 SITE 3 SITE 4 SITE 5

I admit that I did not read much of these links, so I hope they give both sides of the story and help you. Blessed Be!

NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 1:40 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• Actually if you do some reading it makes great sense. It's Christianity plus a goddess... Which the Ancient Jewish Peoples and many of the Early Christians DID follow... The beliefs of these people tend to be drawn from those Ancient Jewish or Early Christian paths. They believe in Jesus and love him. But they also believe in a Goddess... I have heard her by two names - Sophia or Ashera. And in fact studied both in conjunction with my Christian Studies long before I ever heard about Christo-Paganism...

Thanks for the sites! These aren't my beliefs but I find it very fascinating and wish more were open enough to read up on it... It tends to bridge a great gap between belief systems... It's like the Missing Link of Religion! lol!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:46 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• I don't know which chicken or egg came first, but as a strictly-outside observer, wicca and christianity appear to be the same thing viewed through different lenses... or, at least, they have tremendous commonality in ritual and rite.

I know that the early Christians adopted --quite intentionally-- a lot of the symbols and rituals and even a lot of the calendar from pagans, in order to make it familiar and welcoming to them. Some say 'co-opted the traditions' but I think they were just ordinary to everyone, so they naturally adopted them.

You'll get better and more indepth answers by googling the subjects... try 'sacred mists' for one large site...
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 2:50 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• Thanks Linda. I have Googled (or rather Blackled - it's run by Google only uses less energy) But 99.9% of what I have found is negative. There are very few honest to goodness educational sites or articles about Christo-Eclecticism. Most are talking about how the devil has created a path to draw even "lovers of Jesus" away... That's why I came here...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:56 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• Hmm. I don't know much about it because I am Christian. But I do find that amazon is awesome for searching for books. You can do a search on there and maybe find what you are looking for:)
    ERNAProud

Answer by ERNAProud at 3:00 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• Good for you for using Blackle!
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 3:13 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• Read Everlasting Man by G.K. Chesterton - the first chapter deals with this!!! You can even read it online, but I forget the website....
    shellbyrne

Answer by shellbyrne at 7:57 PM on Nov. 22, 2009