Should I stop talking to this guy because we want different things?

He and I live in different states and I have made it very clear that I will not relocate and that I am going to live where I live for the rest of my life. (all of my family and friends live here and we are all close) He said that he wouldn't move back here. Right now we are just getting to know eachother and nothing serious is going on. He did say he would come visit me when he gets a chance. We both have children and haven't been single for that long. I just don't want him to get the wrong idea or make him think that this is more than it really is. I look at him as a friend I can joke with and hit on.. lol.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:43 PM on Nov. 22, 2009 in Relationships

• Where you live is a big deal, so I would say if you are both deadset on staying where you are, and not willing to move, that's going to be a dealbreaker. I'd say it doesn't mean you have to stop talking, but maybe you should clarify that you'll just be his friend, flirt with him, whatever it is you're willing to do here, so that there is no confusion later.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 1:58 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• I have friends around the world who I wouldn't consider moving near for any reason --they're happy there and I'm happy here. We don't need to live in the same country, much less the same part of the country in order to be friends.

But I do imagine this takes the guy off the 'potential monogamous lover' list. There are people closer to your house --and people are the same all over, if you can find a potential far away, you can find one close to. If you really want one, that is... lots of people don't, really.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 2:25 PM on Nov. 22, 2009