does anyone use BumGenius 3.0 one size?

how do you like it? please give a rating. I am considering using them for my baby, but they are a really big investment.

Gecko85

Asked by Gecko85 at 1:55 PM on Nov. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I mostly used prefolds with a cover but I recently bought two BumGenius 3.0 and two One Size Fuzzi Bunz to try out and I prefer the Fuzzi Bunz, but the Bum Genius isn't bad. I usually use them at night to make diaper changes easier and quicker at 4 AM. I like the fit of the Fuzzi Bunz better and sometimes my daughter pees while I'm in the middle of changing her and she did once with the Bum Genius and the pee took a long time to soak into the diaper. I wash all my diapers together and no others give me that problem so it isn't a matter of soap residue or anything like that.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 2:48 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• That should say I mostly *use* prefolds not used. I'm still using them.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 2:49 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• I love them and ues them.. best cloth diapers I have found and the only ones that have a great life span!! I use them with the microfiber flats and just fold to size...
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 4:20 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• I have Bum Genius Organic One Size All In Ones with snaps (the best BG makes right now) and LOVE LOVE LOVE them! I ordered them at the cheapest-per-diaper rate, by ordering a dozen. I got to choose which colors I wanted, so got an assortment. I really do love these! I call them my "diaperbag diapers" because these are what I keep in the diaperbag, since they are so easy to put on and off. Other than being snaps instead of velcro, these go on and off baby just like a disposable. Easy Peasy! I prefer snaps to velcro, because snaps give a cloth diaper longer life and do not snag on everything else in the wash! I ordered mine from www.cottonbabies.com.
    catholicmamamia

Answer by catholicmamamia at 8:10 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• I bought 12 BumGenius 3.0 one size first when my DD was around 5 months old (i think), then bought 4 more on sale a few months later, and I like them a lot. DD is 15 months now, and the diapers have stood up to washing every 3 days. I read lots of reviews before I bought them, and yes they were a big investment, but they paid off since we've used them for so long. I have only used one other type of cloth diaper (Wahmies), and I much prefer BG to Wahmies because the BG will not leak unless they are super overflowed, and the Wahmies leak around the edges if they get semi-full. I have a few issues with BG; the velcro starts to unravel a little around the edges, and because of the stitching on the velcro, the edges of the velcro is scratchy against the tummy if the baby sits up without any clothing covering the velcro; the velcro sometimes comes undone in washer..but I really do like them and would wholeheartedly recommend them.
    starhoof

Answer by starhoof at 12:49 AM on Dec. 20, 2009