whats a good christmas present for my daughter's dad? she'll be two in february, so she's not very old.. and we aren't together either. i just figured it would be nice to have a gift from her to him..... any suggestions?

thank you:)

stephany21

Asked by stephany21 at 1:56 PM on Nov. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Get a piece of white poster board and some finger paints or crayons or markers and just let her go to town. Glue a picture of her in the middle and put her hands and footprints on it. if you want you can frame it when she's done or just give it as is. She'll have a blast doing it and he will love it.
    phantomphan

Answer by phantomphan at 1:59 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• Hmm...depends on him and what he likes. Do you think he's a good dad? If so, I know they used to make necklaces that said #1 Dad on them, if he'd go for that kind of thing. Otherwise, I'd look at his interests and see what kind of things can be bought that would coincide with those interests.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 2:00 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• i love that idea!!! the poster board would be sooo cute!! thanks!
    stephany21

Answer by stephany21 at 2:01 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• You could do a hand print for him - they sell little kits to do plaster casts of hand/foot prints. Do the casting and then let her decorate it all by herself.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:11 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• Thats a good question. I think I will get my daughters dad something for Christmas from her. IDK.
    lilmsnay83

Answer by lilmsnay83 at 2:21 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• I also like the handprint idea. Get some solid colored card stock, print the following poem in the center of it, and then have your DD use finger paints to make handprints around it. Put it in a nice 8x10 frame once it dries. It's so cute!

This is the hand
    You used to hold
    When I was only
    __ years old.

Or if she lives with him sometimes, here's another cute one"

Sometimes you get discouraged
    Because I am so small,
    And always leave my fingerprints
    On furniture and walls.
    But everyday I am growing,
    -I'll be grown up someday,
    And all these tiny handprints
    Will simply fade away.
    So here's a final handprint
    Just so you can recall,
    Exactly how my fingers looked
    When I was very small.
    I love you!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 3:15 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• Make it fully from her and don't spend a fortune on it. Also don't expect him to be smart enough to do something for you in return. ;)
    I would say a photo of the two of them in a picture frame. A homemade christmas ornament from your daughter would be good. Any art that she makes is good. Maybe bake some cookies together and put them on a plate that she painted (kits are at Michael's to make the plates)
    Anonymous