black friday of doom

Anyone else going to lock themselves in the house on black friday? I know I will. I don't deal well with crowds and on that day perfectly rational intelligent people seem to leave their brains at home!

phantomphan

Asked by phantomphan at 2:14 PM on Nov. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I'm not going out, but I am going to do some online shopping.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 2:15 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• I have done it ---- oddly enoug only when I was pregnant, but did not bring kids. I don't think there is enough of a pull of "savings" for me to go.
    Anonymous

• I don't go. I think it's stupid and just a reason to buy things you don't need. I think that once you get to the stupid store it's all gone any dam ways so who cares to go through the BS
    Mrs.Oriaku

Answer by Mrs.Oriaku at 2:20 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• I will shop online. It's too dangerous for those people who get in my way! lol

Seriously though, it's a great way to boost our economy, and I plan to spend as much money as I possibly can afford.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 2:22 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• I don't plan to leave the house for any reason at all that day!.
    I don't agree with the concept of getting up at 4am to get to a store by 5am and then make a mad dash to the stack of sale items that unfortunately the store only got in 5 of the big sale item and 200 people all want those 5.
    SaphiraJFire

Answer by SaphiraJFire at 2:37 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• I'm going. I have a list, so I don't buy things I don't need, and I have a budget, and I don't go for the big deals because normally they are all gone by the time I get there. I do get up early and go to the BX on base, they give out gift cards to the first 100 customers or something like that. I've never had a bad experience with Black Friday. To me its another tradition of the holidays that I love, and it lets me get all my shopping done in one day because DH watches the kids while I go shop all day. They have a fun day at home with daddy, and I have a mommy day out. Sometimes catch a movie, breakfast at Dennys, shopping. It's fun for me.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 3:10 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• I have gone every year for the last 9 years with the exception of last year. My dd was only 2 months old and i was BFing, so I skipped it. Haven't decided about this year. I love it though :)
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 3:47 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• am going. cuz is one of the onmy times me and dh dont have kids around!! and we can spend all the time we wnat alone is great
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 3:53 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• I think Black Friday is a fun time. All of my friends go together and laugh and have fun even when we're waiting in line and stock up on stuff we were going to buy anyway. This year, though, the ads don't have anything good in them. Kinda crappy black friday ads!
    Anonymous

• Eh, I will probably venture out and shop. Its good for our economy right now.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 4:00 PM on Nov. 22, 2009