Best books you have found....

for learning about a religion that you do not practice? Sometimes the best books on a religion only make sense to you if you follow that religion, so if you have read something that really clued you in on a religion that you don't follow, will you share it for the rest of us?

nysa00

Asked by nysa00 at 2:32 PM on Nov. 22, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• what religion did you want to learn about it would help to answer your question better.
    SaphiraJFire

Answer by SaphiraJFire at 2:42 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• All of them.
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 2:46 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• Well, as most know I am a huge fan of the Idiots & Dummies lines... I'm newly loving the "Everything" line too... I have only started reading them but I am liking what I have read of the THe Complete Idiots Guide to Christianity and Islam for Dummies... And I also have the Idiot's Guide to World Religion which I will read next.

For anyone looking to know more about my path, I generally suggest The Everything Paganism Book.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:53 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• I enjoy the Idiots Guide books because they put everything into a way that isnt complicated to understand but you get the main points.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 3:29 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• Yes! I love Religion for Dummies. I just returned it to the library. I learned so much about Islam and Buddhism especially, stuff I'd never even heard of before.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 7:05 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• read the bible and it will show you what I believe :) it's the only book that truly represents my faith
    Anonymous

• You can find out a lot about the origins of many religions by researching Atlantis. Other than that, why not go straight to the source? The Bible, the Torah, the Quran, others.

I'm a Christian, and studying these other religions have actually strengthened my faith in God and Christ.
    GoodMomma24-7

Answer by GoodMomma24-7 at 11:52 AM on Nov. 23, 2009