Has anyone been seeing this?

lately ive seen 3 people holding signs for food, and gas.... the economy is so bad that they have to do that..... and thier ready to work for it.....i give them food when i can when i see them or money

have you all have also been seeing this in your area?? why is our country so shitty....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:33 PM on Nov. 22, 2009 in Money & Work

• I saw it a lot in Los Angeles. I always give money to people when I can.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 3:12 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• I got used to seeing it in big city areas long ago,
    Anonymous

• I use to see it in Texas when we lived there. No I never gave then anything. Definitely not money. I wouldn't want them to go buy drugs, liquor or cigarettes. If I gave them anything, is a peace of paper with the closest soup kitchen on it

Answer by louise2 at 2:42 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• No, I've never seen anything like that here. In fact Unemployment numbers are down here. But on the off chance that I am in the city and do see someone homeless, I always make a point to help them where I can. We don't really have many shelters or kitchens in this area that I know of, because we don't have a large number of homeless. But I remember one night when I was coming out of the Opera House in the city, there was a woman and her baby sitting on the sidewalk... I couldn't do much, but I left her with my coat and earrings. I figured she could pawn them or something for what she needed... Once in a while if I see someone I will give them a sandwich or something - whatever I can. But it's very rare that I would see something like that.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:50 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• No, I haven't seen anything like that here, either.

Answer by Bmat at 3:09 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• i've seen it lots, for years.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 4:26 PM on Nov. 22, 2009