Those of you with a 2-3 month old.

Does it honestly seem like all your baby is doing is sleeping all the time? I'm lucky if my daughter stays up for like an hour to 2 hours at the max.. then the rest of the time she is asleep. She also sleeps all night long. Is this normal? My 1st daughter wasn't like this at all!

ali_1107

Asked by ali_1107 at 2:34 PM on Nov. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• She probably has more stimulation so needs to sleep more to process all that she has experienced.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:37 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• Thank you, never thought of that one!
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 2:41 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• My daughter is 3 months old and she also sleeps a lot. Last night she went to sleep around 11, woke at midnight to nurse, back to sleep and woke at 5:30 to nurse, then 8, then 10, then 12. Finally after the noon feeding she was awake for about an hour and a half. Now she's asleep again. She will probably sleep for about 1-2 hours, be awake for another 2ish hours, sleep another hour or so and then be awake until it's close to bed time. She is definitely a night owl and is the most active in the evenings. Just like her mom and dad.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 2:42 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• My second was like that, too. I was worried because my first would sleep for very, very short periods at a time... With my second, we would find ourselves saying she "had a great hour of awake time this afternoon!" At 14 months, she's still a good sleeper, though I don't think she sleeps more than average. Nothing to worry about...
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 3:13 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• my son was like that till about10-12 weeks and now he stayes up for 2 hours or so 2-3 times a day and then sleeps 12 hours a night... he's 4 months old :) it's normal
    Domsmom2009

Answer by Domsmom2009 at 3:26 PM on Nov. 22, 2009