36 weeks tomorrow.... I am having contractions....

It's nothing extremely painful, but it is very uncomfortable. I am feeling alot of pressure. Anyways, I went to the hospital a few days ago, and they sent me home, but the contractions are coming a little more often then they were.... Also, I have heard that contractions can lower your baby's heartrate.... Should I be worried about my baby's heartrate??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:20 PM on Nov. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• well, being in the EXACT position as you...(36wk) lol I had contractions yesterday too!!!
    lol It hurt so bad, i was crying in the fetal position for hours (when they came)
    and the I must say the last person didn't give much advice, infact that's not advice - thats SCARY.

but i guess it can happen to anyone.

if I were you (or what I did) was just call your regular dr (if they dont have one on call) then call down to the local hospital (for the labor & delivery department) and tell them whats going on.

keep track of the contactions and ive been told, if I have more then 6 in a hour (im not at high risk -ive had a normal preg.) and they are regular... that i need to come in.

so I wish you luck, but stay off your feet - laying down helps relieve the pressure (hello gravity) and get ready!! baby is just around the corner!
    KalieGirl

Answer by KalieGirl at 3:59 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• no...just rest and get ready for the big day..the best thing you can do right now is to stay off your feet.. sleep and rest. call your doctor. they should have someone on call at all times. tell them what is going on. they will probably tell you to rest and time your contractions. maybe even take a warm bath to slow them down. but at 36 weeks it is fairly safe to deliver. call you doctor and rest. stay off your feet.
    Anonymous

• Did they do an ultrasound? Generally it's not a problem but knowing what I know now in my case I would want an ultrasound . My last baby was 5 weeks early and I went into labor. Luckily the Dr was there to check me as soon as my water broke because my daughters cord was between her head and the cervix. When the water broke there was enough pressure on the cord to cut off the blook flow. I had to have a emergency C section and she was in the hospital for 2 weeks after birth with problems. Thank god I was in the hospital when it happened or she would have surely died before I got there.
    If your baby has moved into position correctly there should be no problem. Heart decelerations are caused by blood reduction if the cord is pinned or kinked in some way. Somethimes it can be fixed just by moving positions. It mostly happens after your water breaks when the pressure is higher.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 3:47 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• i wouldn't worry about the baby's heart rate at all. the contrax that you naturally produce the baby is made to handle those.

is it like you are having several in an hour, or less frequently than that? you are almost there, so i would just relax as much as possible, take off work if possible, and try to keep that baby in day by day.

good luck :)
    Anonymous