homemade candy and cookies

So I make homemade candy, like hard candy, and cookies and bag them up and sent them to family members ect anyways I would love to make other candy..

anyone make any candy at home thats easy to make?
while we are on the homemade topic anyone make soaps ect, is it hard??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:04 PM on Nov. 22, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Oh hunny! I love to bake! candy cookies you name it I've baked it!!

Chocolate chip Candy/cookies

3/4 cup brown sugar
    3/4 cup white sugar
    2 sticks butter
    2 eggs
    1 tsp baking soda
    1 tsp baking powder
    2 1/4 cups flour
    1 bag of chocolate chips

Mix together and these make the best cookies/candy ever and it is so easy you shouldn't have a problem. When you master this I'll give you a harder one!! Good Luck!! Merry Christmas!!
    Anonymous

• Years ago, my boys and I made soaps from a kit I bought at Michael's. We put a little toy in each one and they were so cute. I really enjoyed making those!
    zboys

Answer by zboys at 4:54 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• I make a LOT of candy/cookies at Christmas. Chocolate covered cherries, turtles, coconut creams, peanut brittle, almond butter crunch and molded chocolates are the usual candies. I also love making snowball cookies, sugar cookies, spritz, bonbons, chocolate cherry thumbprint cookies, and gingerbread houses.
    I never made soaps but I have the ingredients to make scented soap balls using melted Ivory soap and bath salts.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 5:55 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• Soaps: I am going to be doing the soaps for first time this year. I have researched on the net about a heat and pour soap for kids. I think its glycerine. I am going to pour into cupcake papers and stick a little toy in the center, like a toy ring or candy cane....still working it out. I have some more ideas if you would like to message me.

www.teachsoap.com I liked this website alot.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 6:58 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• soaps are really really easy. we use this as a fundraiser for the kids church trips and we always do really well at each church I've ever been at.
    I think it's great you do candy, I have yet to master candy and was just thinking last night I should try it this year. hmmmm
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 7:52 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• My grandma makes homemade candies every year. And she dips just about anything that will hold still in chocolate. I'm a huge fan of her chocolate covered pretzels and chocolate covered gummi bears.

My mom makes fantastic candied almonds. They're like the ones you get at a carnival. Delicious. And she dips pretzel sticks in caramel, then covers them in chocolate, then rolls them in mini M&Ms. They're awesome.

I'm a crafter, but not much of a baker. I usually make microwave caramel popcorn that I put in cute plastic bags for my office staff, but not much else. It's easy and yummy.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 3:05 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Hello
    I saw Ina Gartin make homemade marshmellows on her show. I found the recipe by googling her name and marshmellows. They are called coconut marshmellows. I made then and they were a snap. She bagged hers and gave them as gifts. I would suggest you double the vanills. It was fun to see how it really worked.
    This is newest candy thing I have see in a long time.
    I made Rice Krispy treats w/mine.
    page403

Answer by page403 at 4:37 PM on Nov. 27, 2009