5 days past due date and miserable

So here I am, 5 days past my due date and miserable. I feel like this pregnancy will never end. I am on a wait list to get a room for induction for Tuesday night, but I fear my sanity will not last that long.

I have tried walking, special tea, sex, nipple stimulation, Chinese food, spicy foods and relaxation. Nothing has helped me thus far. I know that none of these are guaranteed to work, but I've tried them anyways.

Does anyone have any suggestions to help speed things along or at least help me keep my sanity for my sake and my fiance's sake?

kristinmj

Asked by kristinmj at 4:53 PM on Nov. 22, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Are you having contractions?
    Is this your first baby?
    Are you having complications (induction)?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 5:07 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• Do what we did for my sis in law. Do the laundry but fold it all at the dryer. Squat down and take each individual peice out one at a time fold it repeat. Only took 3 hours to get her into active labor. It's like the bouncing on a yoga ball thing only productive.
    jrsjrb

Answer by jrsjrb at 5:30 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• i know how you feel! my son was born at 41 weeks. i felt like i would be pregnant forever too. i would just rest as much as possible, and be sure to do some research on the risks of induction to be sure that's what you want to do. your baby would come soon anyways so you might decide it's not worth the extra risks just to have him/her out a day or 2 or 3 sooner. gl! i know it's so hard in the last couple of weeks :)
    Anonymous

• I went over 8 days, it was the longest 8 days of my life. I was scheduled to be induced the day AFTER I had her. When they scheduled my induction I told them, "Now that it's scheduled, she's going to be funny and come the day before." I did everything in the book to try to get her to come, but she came when SHE wanted too.
    The best advice I can give you is, enjoy the last of the time you have to just you and your fiance. Relax now! You need all the energy you can get for the big day ahead.
    Your little one just wants a couple more days with mommy=]
    Good luck! I hope you have a good labor & delivery! Congrats in advance
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 10:50 PM on Nov. 22, 2009