what are some things that you like and dislaike about your current home?

with mine i like the set up its open floor plan downstairs and upstair the bedrooms are close together, i also like that its energy efficient and has a good size yard and attached garage i dont like the size of the house i would love to have a bigger dining room living room and one more bedroom and wish i was closer downtown, we live right on the edge of the city limits which has its benefits its quiet but to far to walk to the library and shops downtown ..so what about you what do you like and dislike about your home?

gothmama91

Asked by gothmama91 at 4:59 PM on Nov. 22, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I hate just about every think about my house. The living room is to small and I only have an eat-in kitchen. The kitchen and LR are open to each other. The bedrooms are really small and the master bath vanity is open to the bedroom. I like where we live just not the house. I want to sell but dh won't.
    Anonymous

• I like the fact that we're not in a one bedroom apartment with our 4 children anymore. We've got a 5 bedroom house now. I don't like my neighbors...lol
    Shyma

Answer by Shyma at 5:06 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• lol... interesting question since my husband and I are discussing moving. Well, I love the hardwood floors, most of my neighbors, cosed in backyard, washer and dryer hookups, clean bathroom. I hate that its soooo small (one bedroom) and when guests come over there is hardly any space, there is no dining room and no room in the kitchen to eat (so we eat in the livingroom), no garbage disposal, linolium floors in the bathroom and kitchen, and the toilet takes forever to flush, and did I mention no space lol
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 5:11 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• likes-pool, extra bedroom, 2 1/2 baths, fireplace, it's not in Jersey (sorry to those of you who like it there)

dislikes-needs new carpet, no yard
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 5:11 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• I love the location, the bedrooms, living room and dining room. I'd like to update the kitchen and we only have one bathroom, I have alwasys wanted to add one. I hate the driveway, especially in the winter. It's a steep hill, about 50" long and backs out onto a pretty busy street during rush hour. That's the worst thing about it.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 5:13 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• We live in an apartment attached to my parents house... The best thing about it? No rent/utilities to pay! The worst thing? Its an apartment ATTACHED TO MY PARENTS HOUSE. I will be forever grateful to them for allowing us to stay here while we save up money for our own place, but its small, we have our dining room table in our living room b/c there is no dining room and the kitchen is really only a wet bar with a closet and refrigerator, and living with your parents when you are 25 and married has the distinct ability to make you feel like a failure and a mooch. Other than that, its great. We have a big yard for our dog, built-in babysitters, and we can feel secure in that we have a place to live regardless of our money situation, which right now really sucks.
    Iskkra

Answer by Iskkra at 5:13 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• We live in Tucson and I am living in a house my son recently bought. I love the swimming pool and open floor plan with easy care vinyl floors and new kichen.

I don't like the rock driveway and parking area. I wish it was covered and landscaped. Cars get super hot on all the 100+ days.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 5:14 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• We built our home 7 1/2 years ago, so I'm really happy with it--large tree filled lot, large open floor plan, large rooms, vaulted ceilings, modern appliances and spacious bathrooms.

The only thing we haven't gotten around to is finishing our basement (which is a huge 82 x 60 feet) of, for the most, part unused space! Now that our kids are a little older, and I am working again after 8 years as a SAHM, I would like to pay to finish it--giving my boys their own play room, my husband a separate "guy room" complete with leather recliners and flat screen TV, thereby allowing me to reclaim (and decorate) the formal living room and the rest of house! LOL :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:18 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• I love the size, the floorplan, the large lot of land with lots of trees, the amount of bedrooms & bathrooms, and all the windows.

I don't like the 'oldness.' Built in the '70's, the walls are a bit old, carpet needs to be replaced, kitchen needs to be redesigned and remodeled, and we need new windows. Our driveway is too narrow, too.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 5:25 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• Well when we built our home and moved into it 5 yrs ago this Thanksgiving day we only had so much money we live out in the country on 1.3 acres I just wish it wasn't 15 miles from town I love most of the rooms except I wish the laundry rm would of been bigger & the same for the dining rm. I love that we have lots of space & have big bedrms & bathrms. Living rm is huge the beasement is not finished except for my craft rm the basement is 1780 sq feet big we want 1 bedrm down there a storage rm, bathrm and the rest in a huge living rm space. Other than that it is just about perfect=)
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 5:32 PM on Nov. 22, 2009