wont say mommy

my 13 month old says dad, bath, all done, all gone, bye, thank you(sorta), but has never said mom, or ma ma ! im so sad, she says dad all the time and she means dad. she hears mom because i have a 4 year old....but why doesnt she even try to call me?? i am a stay at home mom and am with her a lot! why???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:15 PM on Nov. 22, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Don't worry about it. The MommymommyMOMMYmommyMOMMYmommyMOMMEEEEEEEEE! will start soon enough. Since you're always there, you are the person who doesn't need a name yet. It'll happen.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 5:18 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• It's they way the sounds are made. It will take time, but it's harder to get the "m" sound right than the "d". Just keep trying.
    MonicaE521

Answer by MonicaE521 at 5:19 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• LOL My son is the same age! He USED to say mama, but is all about saying words with the D and B sounds (dada, dog, bye bye). Don't worry - I'm sure your LO will be calling you shortly!
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 6:03 PM on Nov. 22, 2009