Do you put "big boy" underwear on over pull ups??

My husband and I had a full blown arguement over this topic, putting underwear on over pull ups, my idea is so that Brett gets use to the idea of big boy underwear, my husband says that is was the pull ups are for. Ben (hubby) feels that it's to constricting, I have seen other boys wear the big boy underwear like that. Have I lost my marbles?

MaMaBVta

Asked by MaMaBVta at 5:16 PM on Nov. 22, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Hubby is right on this one IMO, that is what the pull ups are for. They are not as bulky as diapers and they don't pull the moister away from them like diapers too. If he is potty training it might be a bit hard to get both of them off to use the bathroom in time..

I didn't use the pull ups tho, I started but my middle DD thought they were diapers so I never used them after the first day and didn't use them with DS at all.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 5:20 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• it seems to me like big boy underwear are a privilage, and like a prize for being a good potty trained boy....so letting him wear them over the pull ups is like giving him the dessert before dinner so to speak....
    LadyDahl

Answer by LadyDahl at 5:21 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• I actually did it the other way around. Undies then the pull up. That way they would feel what wet undies felt like (which actually is WORSE than a wet pull-up) but still got the "clean up" (not having to find puddles all over the house) of the diaper. So, no your not crazy, but the pull ups are supposed to be like underwear in the fact that they go up and down. So your hubby has a point.
    Anonymous

• id agree with your DH. And if i was to ever put both underwear and pull-up on i would put the undies on first that way the child can feel if they are wet.
    Anonymous

• I'll try the other way around and see how that wprks. Thank you for all your input.
    MaMaBVta

Answer by MaMaBVta at 6:31 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• I've never heard of putting underwear over pullups. I've tried putting them under...didn't phase my older two at all! LOL Going to see if it works with the youngest, though.

TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:51 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• no the best is to go without pull ups and with just undies but i know we're still using either just pull ups or just undies, depending on what's going on that day
    Anonymous