Bedwetting advice needed: our "tweenage" daughter still struggles with bedwetting. We have worked (unsuccessfully) with a Pediatric Urologist. We are frustrated and beginning to feel hopeless. Any suggestions?

momoftheyear95

Asked by momoftheyear95 at 5:22 PM on Nov. 22, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• Has she learned to do Kegals. She may have weak pelvic floor muscles.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 5:27 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• Our ped was less than helpful! She told us it was something we would just hae to deal with! We don't know what to do either! Thank Heavens for the Good Nites.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 6:32 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• Our 11 yr old son is finally getting a handle on his bedwetting. It is frustrating for all of us. I think the kegals are a good idea, no matter what. But I would look for triggers - like DS gets super distracted when he is stressed or into a book series or science fair project. we say "go to the bathroom" before he goes to bed. Does he go - no because he just kinds of grunts and then goes to bed. We make sure that we always hear him go before he hits the sheets. I would make sure that she is truly going before bed. After that, I only have, we are there too.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 6:45 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• My 10 year old daughter has this problem, as did her half-brother in his tween/early teen years too...I think it's just something they will outgrow eventually. If I wake her up to go once during the night around midnight/one AM, that usually helps her have a dry night. She is a deep sleeper, though, and I hate to disrupt that so we are going the Good Nights route and I just let her sleep.
    Momsright

Answer by Momsright at 11:13 AM on Nov. 26, 2009