My laptop screen is messed up. Has black splater every where

I was told by a computer repair place that it will cost more then what the laptop is worth if he fixed it for me and he said just go buy a new one. Yea like i have the money for a new one either! So is that basically my only option?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:44 PM on Nov. 22, 2009 in Technology

• Pretty much what it sounds like is your screen has either dead pixels or has been cracked. Laptop screens are expensive to replace and more than likely it would be cheaper to replace the machine. I know that isn't that helpful and I'm sorry.
    Anonymous

• It is quite a process to replace the laptop screen. You could probably find what you needed on eBay, there are MANY computers there for sale for parts, but I've watched my son replace a laptop screen a few times and there's more to it than meets the eye.

If you have to have mobility, this won't work, but most laptops are able to be hooked up to an external monitor. My laptop can even be connected to an HD tv. Desktop computer monitors can be purchased used for an extremely low amount of $$ if you don't have one.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 6:27 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• thanks ladies but my laptop was bought back in jan-feb 2007. and i dont think it has that type of capability to hook up to a monitor and i been told to do this a few handful of times and i do not want too. I have a small apartment where there is no room. The dinning room and living room are one and the comcast cable has to be where the tv and telephone is because that is where the box is and only one outlet. I am not going to have a big computer monitor on my dinning table and my laptop. its a very weird position to sit. I like sitting on my sofa. I will just wait to buy a new Laptop next year.
    Anonymous

• what brand is it? that happened with my Dell and its only $150 to replace
    livingrlovesong

Answer by livingrlovesong at 9:30 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• My DH has replaced 3 of them in the last year, lol. Basically, he orders the scree from e-bay or whereever is cheapest...I think the most expensive one he did was $100. But it takes him about 30 minutes to replace it. It's NOT that big of a job, really. His screen cost $50 and it was a Sony. If you can find someone WILLING to take the laptop apart, there are videos on the internet of HOW to do it. Its not difficult, seriously, take a look.
    Ezranight

Answer by Ezranight at 10:20 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• i found very cheap laptop on ebay. for $80.00, or a but it now price of only $95.00. it has a caring case, internet compatable, good for basic needs. i would buy. it has other stuff. check it out. just paste this in the search bar LOOK NEW THINKPAD W 2 BATTERIES 1 NEW WINDOWSXP (USED)
    alinsNlakeysha

Answer by alinsNlakeysha at 9:50 AM on Jul. 1, 2010

• call tech support
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 4:37 PM on Nov. 13, 2010

• That is your only option. Otherwise, you'll just have to survive without a computer.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 6:24 PM on Nov. 14, 2010