Do any mothers attend or know anything about the University of Phoenix online classes?

Anyone ever attend the University of Phoenix online classes and had success? I am attending classes and I am looking out to others who might have been successful or know more information about it?

alishadakota

Asked by alishadakota at 5:46 PM on Nov. 22, 2009 in

• My ex- got his Bachelors degree in Business through them. I thought at the time that the course work was reasonable. This was years ago. Do you have doubts about them?
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 6:27 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• U of P is a for-profit school. You should stay away from for-profit schools. They exist, by law, to make money for their owners/shareholders; education is not their priority. When I was in HR, I did not interview candidates from the for-profit schools.

Start with a community college; they will likely have many classes on line and the credits will easily transfer to a state university.

Have a couple of informational interviews with people in your chosen field to help you determine whether or not this is the right career choice for you. Check to see if there are open jobs in this field, too.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:11 PM on Nov. 22, 2009

• I agree with the above. They seem really expensive and most employers look at for profit schools as buying a diploma.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:33 AM on Nov. 23, 2009

• Try a real college that has an online program like University of Maryland or Liberty University. I personally go to Liberty and love their distance learning program.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 2:25 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• U of P has a LOT of complaints against them. Find a real college and take the classes on line through them. Even state colleges offer online degrees.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:02 PM on Nov. 23, 2009

• U of P = scam
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:15 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• i went and dropped out i hated uop and all they cared about was money! I was put on strict bed and pelvic rest and couldnt come to campus and couldnt afford the online and they called me everyday for like 2 weeks trying to get me to come in i was like um no i cant drive to class all they cared about was the damn money!
    mommy-

Answer by mommy- at 5:17 AM on Nov. 24, 2009

• Many of the military folks use Excelsior (formerly Regents College). It's respectable, accredited and even gives credit for real life instead of making you pay for their classes. It combines all credits you may have from other schools as well.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:58 PM on Nov. 25, 2009

• Well, I am a current UoP student but I am stopping after this block. You can take distance learning (online) classes at a community college and still get a degree where no one will ever know you took the classes online. UoP's degree is an "online degree." There is no testing so there is NO way for the school to ensure you are the one doing the work. I could literally have my husband do all the classwork and no one would know any better. Thats what is fishy about the school to me. I know that human resource personnel look down on UoP online degrees because of that fact. I am still going to be taking classes online but it will be through a community college which will save me a TON of money and I only have to come in once a month to take a test. Then, I will transfer to a University to get my BA and no one will have to know I took most of my classes online.

Don't waste your time or money!
    YoungTwinMommy

Answer by YoungTwinMommy at 6:34 PM on Nov. 27, 2009

• ummmm WAY TO EXPENSIVE!
    Anonymous